Article: The ONLY thing BE schools agree is NO ONE gone till 2014 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Article: The ONLY thing BE schools agree is NO ONE gone till 2014

Sorry, you lost me right there.

So what did the rest of the post say?

Short version: either this is a negotiating position by the Big East and we'll be out before '14... Or we'll need to familiarize ourselves with Hanlon's razor.

If the Big East holds SU for 27 months and they have added replacement schools I would hope Dr. Gross would never schedule a single a Big East football or basketball school again. Even St. John's, Georgetown, or Villanova we could easily schedule a non-conference basketball game in MSG every year like Duke does now. Marinatto ONLY cares about what is best for Providence College it is a joke to suggest a 15 year commitment and is hilarious. The football schools need a vote of no confidence on Marinatto and get that guy out.

Hot off the presses from the Newark Star-Ledger:

http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=lVQatgmt&full=true#display

You can't make this stuff up.

Great stuff in this article. Deserves its own thread. Not much we didn't already know but interesting to read it from a connected source. And is there any doubt that Luicci's unnamed source is also Pernetti? Unbelievable that the future of college football could possibly rest on what Missouri does. Their decision will get the dominoes falling. If the B12 goes to 12 with two or three BE teams, his source is saying that ND will be on the move and not sticking with the basketball schools.

Su and Pitt need to tell WVU, Rutgers, UConn, etc to vote getting us out early otherwise they don't get our support if the ACC asks. Tell the Gtowns, Novas and SJU's to vote to get us out early or we never play on their courts again helping them with attendance. Play hardball with the s.
^ ^ ^ This ^ ^ ^

I haven't read anywhere of any repercussions that TCU was faced with for leaving the BE. I know they haven't particapated as yet but wouldn't you assume that there would be some sort of contractual obligation to the acceptance of the invitation? Were they held to the $5M exit fee? Was there any discussion to hold them to the 27 month sentence?

I haven't read anywhere of any repercussions that TCU was faced with for leaving the BE. I know they haven't particapated as yet but wouldn't you assume that there would be some sort of contractual obligation to the acceptance of the invitation? Were they held to the $5M exit fee? Was there any discussion to hold them to the 27 month sentence?
TCU wasn't a member of the Big East till July 1, 2012 so they aren't bound to the 27 month notice, but they are subject to the 5 million liquidated damages provision.

I'd be shocked if the Big East held Pitt and Syracuse to the 27 months...if the leadership in the league had any idea what they are doing. Pitt or Syracuse winning the Big East championship while their fans chant "ACC" is a nightmare scenario. Holding them out of the tournament and having their absence dominate the discussion during the season and/or at the tourney is a nightmare scenario. Having one of the two win the football championship in the next three years demonstrates how weak the league that's left is...

It wouldn't shock me if the bumbling idiots did have a temper tantrum and held Syracuse and Pitt to the 27 months...so Syracuse needs to focus on making as many of the nightmare scenarios come true if it happens.

If the Cuse wins the BE Tourney This March...you know that chant will be done. Does the BE want to hear that a few more times?

There will be a buyout or the league will dissolve first.