As a parent/poster of a new player on the CUSE, I have enjoyed the dialogue & opinions of BJ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

As a parent/poster of a new player on the CUSE, I have enjoyed the dialogue & opinions of BJ

As I am biased towards and supportive of BJ, I am also very realistic in examining his hoops career and as a former player is able to convey to him what it takes to be a great player on this level...View attachment 3120

Didn't mean anything by my comments Bobby.I think i speak for fellow cuse fans, that we appreciate your insight. As a Syracuse fan, and Lower Merion fan, i happened to stumble on this site while searching your son's name. I just thought I could give an additional realistic perspective. Bcuz when people ask you what area of his game he needs to improve the most, you don't seem to pinpoint any specific areas. And some other stuff.

I think its awesome to have a dad of a player on board. It makes this site feel closer to the program :D.
I can't lie the next few years could be be alittle rocky for a few players, but some examples like Kris Joseph, MCW, Hakim Warrick, Fab Melo, Andy Rautins,Demetrius Nichols barely if at all played as freshmen and got drafted.

Backcourt/forwards/swingmen 2013
Ennis,Patterson,Cooney
Fair, Grant Roberson,
BJ, Gbinije

Ennis,Patterson, Cooney
Grant, Mccullough, Roberson
BJ

Agreed...
Hope to hear about a few bus loads of BB fans making the trek up to the Carrier Dome from Ardmore, PA next year...

Welcome. Parent first, fan second here. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan I've hardly missed watching a game for over 40 years. But the player/person is always the most important factor. I never get on a player's case. My biggest criticism will be an "ugh" during a game. But that is as far as I take it. So just ignore half of what you will read on here. But if you played Div. 1 I am sure you saw it in your day, we didn't invent the dissatisfied fan. Hope all goes well for a successful career for your son at Syracuse, as a student, an athlete, and as a young man.

I know that you can have some difficult pills to swallow but BJ and his family is in it for the long hull. Hey, I'm from S. Philly, mother from N. Philly and Stepmother from W. Philly so knowing how to be tough comes along with the territory. If you're ORANGE SUball then let's have it. "YOU GONNA LEARN TODAY" in my KH voice.:rolling: No seriously looking forward to enjoying BJ's college experience as student/athlete and all that comes with it.

When I was reading some of the warnings of some posters regarding their fellow posters, I'm thinking, BJ's family is from Philly...

I was born in Philly.
Dad from North Philly.
Mom from SW Philly.

Welcome aboard...

Bobby, as has happened previously with family of players, I suspect at some point you will no longer post here. I can't imagine having to deal with the kind of criticism that goes along with being a high level athlete. If your skin is thick enough to endure his entire SU career, then I cannot wait to hear the incite that you will be able to provide. Just always remember that most of us support all of our SU players and wish them the best always.

well played good sir.

We should make a list of posters to ignore. The list could be always evolving and posters could earn their way on or off the list.

On a serious note it's awesome to have you and your family as a part of the Orange family!

kumquats

07_kumquat.jpg

Tangerines.

As I am biased towards and supportive of BJ, I am also very realistic in examining his hoops career and as a former player is able to convey to him what it takes to be a great player on this level...View attachment 3120
Dear Bobby, do you know how to write limericks or haiku? We have very high standards on this board. A knowledge of epic poetry is a must. Dante's Inferno would be a good reference book in order to follow the ups and downs of the season and the fans' reactions. I hope you're not a religious man.

With loins thus properly girded, welcome to syracusefan.com!

Welcome. Parent first, fan second here. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan I've hardly missed watching a game for over 40 years. But the player/person is always the most important factor. I never get on a player's case. My biggest criticism will be an "ugh" during a game. But that is as far as I take it. So just ignore half of what you will read on here. But if you played Div. 1 I am sure you saw it in your day, we didn't invent the dissatisfied fan. Hope all goes well for a successful career for your son at Syracuse, as a student, an athlete, and as a young man.
I feel the same way. I'm very pleased to have you here to share the excitement of your son playing for SU. Most of us will celebrate his achievements and suffer with you through disappointments. We appreciate him wanting to play for SU and that SU is the place you helped him choose. Congratulations on a fine choice for all concerned!!

I know you're from Philly, but we've seen grandmothers of players fade off this board, it can get brutal, so brace yoself.

I have to say, if you were not bias in regards to your son, than we probably wouldn't think you were human. Can't imagine a players' parent coming on here say "my son really sucked tonight, coach should bench his a$$ for the rest of the season", so welcome aboard, you and your bias actually bring a certain level of energy. Everytime I read something you give us on your sons progress, it makes me look forward to next season.

Bobby, as has happened previously with family of players, I suspect at some point you will no longer post here. I can't imagine having to deal with the kind of criticism that goes along with being a high level athlete. If your skin is thick enough to endure his entire SU career, then I cannot wait to hear the incite that you will be able to provide. Just always remember that most of us support all of our SU players and wish them the best always.

I'm thinking that there is a lot of both of these homonyms on this forum:

incite: verb; to prompt or provoke, as in "Incite a riot"

insight: noun; The capacity to discern the true nature of a situation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors