As Alec said in a postgame interview | Syracusefan.com

As Alec said in a postgame interview

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
On that final touchdown, he said the staff called the absolute perfect play based on what the Mizzou defensive formation was going to do. As soon as they saw Mizzou line up, they knew they had it won. Kudos to the preparation of the staff. Hoping Hack sticks around a while.

Sorry, it was actually Ryan that said it.

“The play we called with the defense they ran, it was like a sign from God,” Nassib said. “That was exactly what we wanted against that defense.”

what formation was that? Lemon was WIDE open... It was shockingly laughable.

Mizzou D players have already stated they weren't in a formation and the unit was utterly confused (half lined up in man, half lined up in zone).

They handed us the game on a plate and we grabbed the turkey tray. Good for us.

I'm all for giving credit where credit is due, but I highly doubt we have a designed play for a team that lines up completely botched in a half man/half zone howler scheme. Simple execution in a scenario like that is all we need. Lemon delivered.

Maybe Nassib knew what they were supposed to be running (zone or man) better than the players and knew it created the best matchup.

Mizzou D players have already stated they weren't in a formation and the unit was utterly confused (half lined up in man, half lined up in zone).

They handed us the game on a plate and we grabbed the turkey tray. Good for us.

I'm all for giving credit where credit is due, but I highly doubt we have a designed play for a team that lines up completely botched in a half man/half zone howler scheme. Simple execution in a scenario like that is all we need. Lemon delivered.

Whether the DB's were confused or not as to coverage he meant that Missouri sent the house leaving the DB's on an island. We were in a bunch formation with the 3 WR's ans when they took off, the Missouri DB's ran into each other trying to get to their man. Missouri even said the guy that had Lemon ran into one of his own DB's and is why Lemon was so wide open.

Perfect formation and play call for the defense they went with. Sent from God.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

They ran a bunch formation on the right side with Lemon in backfield closest to the QB. Two outside guys ran inside routes and Lemon basically ran a wheel route around/behind them. All the dbs (including the safety) went with the inside guys leaving Lemon wide open.

Not only was it a perfect play call it was perfectly executed. Overlooked is the right on the money strike that Nassib threw.

Mizzu had some guys playing zone and others man, they were very confused according to the article from St louie.

The TO Marrone called earlier when they had 3rd and short also helped...he didn't coach P it and save it for a rainy day.

The TO Marrone called earlier when they had 3rd and short also helped...he didn't coach P it and save it for a rainy day.

What kills me is that if you read the game thread the entire board flipped out when he called it and cited it as a bonehead move LOL

from one of the articles:

But worst of all, on the biggest play of the night when the Mizzou defense just had to hold, somehow the most dangerous man on the football field — Syracuse receiver Alec Lemon — was galloping into the end zone for the game-winning score with 20 seconds to go.
And I want you to understand one crazy inexplicable thing about this play.
Lemon was wide open.
I mean WIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN. Undetected, untouched and cruising into the end zone with no Missouri defender within 10 yards of him.
How does a receiver who already had caught 11 passes for over 200 yards end up THAT wide open?
“It was a mix-up in coverage,” cornerback E.J. Gaines said. “Some of us were in man (coverage). Some of us were in zone.”
So which coverage should you have been in, he was asked.
Well I’m not really sure to be honest, still.

from one of the articles:

But worst of all, on the biggest play of the night when the Mizzou defense just had to hold, somehow the most dangerous man on the football field — Syracuse receiver Alec Lemon — was galloping into the end zone for the game-winning score with 20 seconds to go.
And I want you to understand one crazy inexplicable thing about this play.
Lemon was wide open.
I mean WIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN. Undetected, untouched and cruising into the end zone with no Missouri defender within 10 yards of him.
How does a receiver who already had caught 11 passes for over 200 yards end up THAT wide open?
“It was a mix-up in coverage,” cornerback E.J. Gaines said. “Some of us were in man (coverage). Some of us were in zone.”
So which coverage should you have been in, he was asked.
Well I’m not really sure to be honest, still.

That's the advantage of playing fast on offense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom