As far as we are concerned | Syracusefan.com

As far as we are concerned

DirtDog44

Walk On
All of a sudden I am happy the NCAA conducted a 9 year investigation on our program. I'm hoping that kind of scrutiny has kept our program relatively clean......avoiding the shady pay for play scenarios that seem to have been the backbone of other successful programs. Just a thought but worth noting.

All of a sudden I am happy the NCAA conducted a 9 year investigation on our program. I'm hoping that kind of scrutiny has kept our program relatively clean...avoiding the shady pay for play scenarios that seem to have been the backbone of other successful programs. Just a thought but worth noting.

I am not sure if the NCAA really has the capabilities to fully investigate most advanced pay for play activities. The FBI has much easier access to financial records and can get subpoenas, something the NCAA probably can't. They had to work long time to find some much more minor stuff.

I think when it comes to pay for play, the NCAA turned a blind eye for one of 2 reasons - it was too big a problem to stop, or they simply knew they could not properly investigate it.

What ends up happening is investigations for much more minor stuff like we did (and mot others do) which is silly in the grand scheme of things.

raises a question: do you think su stayed out of the sneaker $$$ game because all of our coaches are high minded, uncorruptable paragons of virtue? or because we had been under the ncaa microscope for nearly a decade and the shoe companies didn't want to take the chance of that particular rock being kicked over?

raises a question: do you think su stayed out of the sneaker $$$ game because all of our coaches are high minded, uncorruptable paragons of virtue? or because we had been under the ncaa microscope for nearly a decade and the shoe companies didn't want to take the chance of that particular rock being kicked over?
Heart says one. Head says two.

didnt matter w/L-ville

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom