As for FSU Getting Hosed... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

As for FSU Getting Hosed...

Everybody knows that an undefeated champion of the SEC or the B1G would ever be left out under any circumstances which proves FSU claim that the ACC is at competitive disadvantage.
Well, here is the list below of those who made the decision.

Somehow there lurks commissioners and AD's with phones in their hands and their hands in the cookie jar with connections to the major TV Networks and ESPN BIGS. Who wants to have a 3rd string QB on their network during the Championship game and have lower ratings than the #3 & 4 teams? It's all about money here and the SEC. The Advertising boys are in this one too, IMO. What teams are going to attract the most viewers and how much can we get for a 15 second ad and how much are we going to set aside for the selectors?
Logo

Who Is On the College Football Playoff Selection Committee?​

Who is on the College Football Playoff Selection Committee? Inside the room that decides the postseason fate of all 133 college football teams.

ByOliver Hodgkinson
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=https://collegefootballnetwork.com/tag/dejordan-mask/
October 30, 2023
The College Football Playoff Selection Committee has become one of the most divisive and controversial entities in the whole of the sport, arriving on our television screens on Tuesdays in late October to deny or approve your favorite team’s résumé for a run to the playoffs.
It could be argued that this entity is one of the most powerful in all sports, controlling the destiny of all 133 programs. Behind the public face of the committee are the individuals who come together to make the decisions. Who is on the College Football Playoff Selection Committee?
Pinterest
https://api.whatsapp.com/send?text=DeJordan+Mask https://collegefootballnetwork.com/tag/dejordan-mask/

OBA_TRANS.png

College Football Merchandise from Fanatics

Who Are the College Football Playoff Committee Members?​

There are 13 members of the College Football Playoff Selection Committee, listed below with their area of expertise in the field of college football and the expiration of the term.

MORE: What is the College Football Playoff Selection Committee?
  • Boo Corrigan
    NC State Athletic Director, February 2024
  • Mitch Barnhart
    Kentucky Athletic Director, February 2024
  • Chris Ault
    Nevada Athletic Director, February 2026
  • Mark Harlan
    Utah Athletic Director, February 2026
  • Chet Gladchuk
    Navy Athletic Director, February 2025
  • Jim Grobe
    Former coach, February 2025
  • Warde Manuel
    Michigan Athletic Director, February 2025
  • David Sayler,
    Miami (OH) Athletic Director, February 2026
  • Will Shields
    Former Nebraska player, February 2024
  • Rod West
    Former Notre Dame player, February 2025
  • Gene Taylor
    Kansas State Athletic Director, February 2024
  • Joe Taylor
    Virginia Union Athletic Director, February 2024
  • Kelly Whiteside
    Former college football reporter for multiple outlets, February 2025

The initial CFP Selection Committee Protocol deemed that these members would be football experts tasked with upholding the principles and working toward the guiding principles that decide the College Football Playoff rankings.
The first College Football Playoff Committee members were announced in October 2013. Since then, members serve a three-year term (although there have been some exceptions).

MORE: WHO IS BOO CORRIGAN?*Who is Boo Corrigan? The College Football Playoff's Face
This creates a rotation of members with varying expertise in the arena of college football. These consist of former coaches and players, current athletic directors, and retired media member.
The final 13 College Football Playoff Selection Committee members are selected from a list of over 100 candidates submitted by conference commissioners.

The College Football Playoff Committee aims to avoid any potential conflict of interest caused by current athletic directors serving on the committee by removing athletic directors from being directly involved in the discussions that relate specifically to their teams.

*BOO CORRIGAN: (The AD at NC STATE)
Why did Alabama get picked over FSU?
Its eye test gravitates toward high-scoring winners. FSU won three games after Travis' first-quarter injury against North Alabama, but the Seminoles weren't quite as attractive anymore. “Florida State is a different team (without Travis),” selection committee chair Boo Corrigan said on ESPN.

BULLSH!T!

Last edited:
The committee must've watched the game against Boston College and saw the refs save Florida State repeatedly.

18 penalties for 131 yards on BC and they ignored blatant penalties on FSU all game.. one including a pass interference that would've given BC a 1st and goal at the 1-yardline. FSU would've easily lost that game if not for ACC shenanigan refs.

The committee must've watched the game against Boston College and saw the refs save Florida State repeatedly.

18 penalties for 131 yards on BC and they ignored blatant penalties on FSU all game.. one including a pass interference that would've given BC a 1st and goal at the 1-yardline. FSU would've easily lost that game if not for ACC shenanigan refs.
FSU got lucky for that win. Playing BC on red bandana day is always tough. They just seem to play so much tougher.

I get the anger but don’t like the reaction. Again assuming they are going to boycott.

Best way to reply is beat UGA.
Neither one of those teams will be the team that played in the season.

Johnny Major is already a no, I'd be shocked if Verse or Coleman play.

I'm sure UGA will have the same issues.

EDIT: whoops, Johnny Wilson. I am old.

If you can't beat 'em... or if you did beat em and it doesn't matter... join them.

No idea if that's legit, but that brings the BIG into SEC territory, from that perspective it makes a ton of sense.

GOR is another issue of course, but where else does the BIG have left to expand? That makes the SEC look small if the BIG is now in CA, FL, NYC, DC.

No idea if that's legit, but that brings the BIG into SEC territory, from that perspective it makes a ton of sense.

GOR is another issue of course, but where else does the BIG have left to expand? That makes the SEC look small if the BIG is now in CA, FL, NYC, DC.
Not sure if it's legit, either. CFB just told the ACC it doesn't matter. Maybe the 12 team playoff helps. $500M deficit will surely have the ACC as little sisters. Getting out of the GOR is going to be a priority, for anyone that can...

Here's another. Its already been discussed at FSU. This just helps make it painfully obvious.

Screw Florida State. I'd like to keep Clemson but FSU can jump ship and I could care less. All their crying about not getting in, please. The committee did the right thing - they are NOT one of the best 4 teams. Are they deserving, sure, absolutely. It sucks for them. But that's not what the final four playoff in football is about. Also, you think they apologize for getting in the national championship game against Nebraska back in 1993? Notre Dame beat them earlier that season but because ND lost later in the year, FSU snuck in the title game and won a championship. That's college football and why a 12 playoff is much needed.

I agree the system is bad. It’s always been. I’m just saying prove the point that FSU should be in the championship by beating UGa. Boycotting is like surrendering in this case (at least to me). It also had impacts on every other acc team. If this was the plan, to boycott, fsu should have stated that before the assignment of other teams bowls. Again, this is assuming they do boycott.
They won’t beat UGA so it just proves they don’t belong. By boycotting they can claim they would have won the title.

Bama got lucky against Auburn. All teams get lucky at some point throughout the season.

I don't even think it was lucky.. that game flat out looked like FSU paid off the refs to escape with a win against Boston College. That was one of the most one-sided officiated games I've ever seen.

You can't call 18 penalties on Boston College and then ignore the blatant pass interference by FSU that cost BC 1st and goal at the 1 (iirc they went for it on 4th down and go no points instead). I look at that game as a loss even if the record doesn't show they lost.

Last edited:
This is a great listen from Tim Brando about the corrupt BCS committee.

Brando is 100% correct. No rational, honest person could disagree with 1 word of that. The system is absolutely corrupt and is nothing more than a cash grab. This is why I don't and will not watch any college football anymore that isn't SU. I won't watch anything on ESPN unless it's the only option for SUFB. I won't do anything that in anyway helps support this crap. I have no interest in some kind of NFL Lite. This is destroying what made college sports great and it sucks. If you support this garbage, you are helping in making it impossible for a program like Syracuse to ever really compete. If this can happen to a program like FSU, do you think they'd give a second thought about leaving out this program in a similar situation? Screw Florida St.? Cool, it's screwing us too. That 12 team playoff will consist of a bunch of SEC/BiG rematches. Sounds wonderful.

They won’t beat UGA so it just proves they don’t belong. By boycotting they can claim they would have won the title.
And even if they did beat UGA and "proved they belong" BFD.

I don't even think it was lucky.. that game flat out looked like FSU paid off the refs to escape with a win against Boston College. That was one of the most one-sided officiated games I've ever seen.

You can't call 18 penalties on Boston College and then ignore the blatant pass interference by FSU that cost BC 1st and goal at the 1 (iirc they went for it on 4th down and go no points instead). I look at that game as a loss even if the record doesn't show they lost.
Do you honestly think the refs are compromised?

Do you honestly think the refs are compromised?

It's a joke when I said they were paid off. I said it looked that way. I do think refs do like certain schools / cities more than others. They also grow up as fans of teams just like any other person. They treat certain teams better than other teams and I don't see how anyone could possibly deny that. That game looked absolutely corrupt and FSU should've lost.

It's a joke when I said they were paid off. I said it looked that way. I do think refs do like certain schools / cities more than others. They also grow up as fans of teams just like any other person. They treat certain teams better than other teams and I don't see how anyone could possibly deny that. That game looked absolutely corrupt and FSU should've lost.
Yeah, that's just the way the ball bounces sometimes though. There's actually a neat paper on fan perception.

I get the committee’s decision as without Travis, FSU isn’t in the top 4 teams as their offense isn’t a top team offense now. Going undefeated and winning the ACC probably should have put them in regardless though.

I get the committee’s decision as without Travis, FSU isn’t in the top 4 teams as their offense isn’t a top team offense now. Going undefeated and winning the ACC probably should have put them in regardless though.

They were going to find a reason, regardless. The guy lays it out well, Imo.