As much as we talk about how Broyld doesn't have a position | Syracusefan.com

As much as we talk about how Broyld doesn't have a position

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
If he catches at least two passes today he'll join some good company in the "50 receptions club." Members of the club include Rob Carpenter, Rob Moore, Marvin Harrison, Shelby Hill, Mike Williams, Kevin Johnson, Marcus Sales and Alec Lemon (2X). With 5 catches he'd have the 6th highest number of receptions in a single season in school history, and his 48 on the year already lands him in the Top 10. Granted, we haven't been a passing school, but for a guy that supposedly doesn't have a home on the field there are worse things than seeing your name in the record books.

He's dropped a lot of easy balls this season as well, he could very well have 55+ if not for some stupid drops

He's dropped a lot of easy balls this season as well, he could very well have 55+ if not for some stupid drops
Agreed. There have been times where he's made some mistakes. Even so, he's in position to end up very high on the all time receptions list.

AB has a breakout game today. JS and PTG run all over the field.

Yes, I am getting amped up for this game. I have two more hours of work then headed to the tailgate. I will settle down at tee time...or later.

Yes, I am getting amped up for this game. I have two more hours of work then headed to the tailgate. I will settle down at tee time...or later.
I thought PTG is out?

If he catches at least two passes today he'll join some good company in the "50 receptions club." Members of the club include Rob Carpenter, Rob Moore, Marvin Harrison, Shelby Hill, Mike Williams, Kevin Johnson, Marcus Sales and Alec Lemon (2X). With 5 catches he'd have the 6th highest number of receptions in a single season in school history, and his 48 on the year already lands him in the Top 10. Granted, we haven't been a passing school, but for a guy that supposedly doesn't have a home on the field there are worse things than seeing your name in the record books.
i am very glad that all the other receivers broyld is passing on the list ran past the line of scrimmage before catching their fewer passes.

yardage numbers are van chewian

Enjoy the game

He could be an NFL tight end down the road...come on, Ash. It's your future. Give in. You know this to be true.

Anyone else think AB will be p*ssed remembering last years Minnesota game fumble that got him benched? Yeah I do too. I expect him to blow someone the up in the open field today.

Anyone else think AB will be p*ssed remembering last years Minnesota game fumble that got him benched? Yeah I do too. I expect him to blow someone the up in the open field today.
I feel ok with that, so long as it doesn't draw a flag.

Let's just hope he blows someone up between the whistles... AB is a good athlete but I don't know how many more chances that will buy him if he continues with the boneheaded plays (late hit type stuff).

Agree with you and Htown--gut feeling that Broyld has a break-out game today.

(Don't make a liar out of me, Ashton!;))

Watch out for McFarlane and Morris, too!

Let's just hope he blows someone up between the whistles...
I like to call the after the whistle blow up "The Michael Hay."

Nobody was tougher after the whistle. Nobody.

I had a friend at Temple who grew up with Hay in Queens... he knew I was huge SU fan so he told me all about Hay before he ever even stepped on campus (I also heard about Hay's trip to Arizona State-- but those files are permantly sealed).

Anyway-- I'll never forget the time I was kind of bitching to my Temple/Queens friend "Man, Hay is a tough kid but he kills us with these late hits and peronal fouls"

By buddy just laughed and said "yeah... he will do that... gotta take the good with the bad"

I also remember that time Marrone chewed him out pretty bad... only to throw him right back in the game- I enjoyed that

Completely different offenses from what guys like Carpenter, Moore, Harrison, Hill, and Johnson played in though. 50 catches for 400 yards and 0 TD's really isn't that big of a deal.

Completely different offenses from what guys like Carpenter, Moore, Harrison, Hill, and Johnson played in though. 50 catches for 400 yards and 0 TD's really isn't that big of a deal.
Meh. It's a big enough deal that his name will go in the record book. How many true sophomores would like to say that? :noidea:

I like to call the after the whistle blow up "The Michael Hay."

Nobody was tougher after the whistle. Nobody.

I usually only put the kids who screwed up off the field on my least favorite players of all time list, but I don't have particularly good memories of Mr Hay. Time and time after time with the personal fouls! It got to the point if there was a late flag, I think we all knew what was coming. And he never learned!

For all the natural athletic ability AB has, it would be nice to see him break a few more tackles and get in the end zone. Sometimes I got the feeling he focused so much on catching the ball that running with it was an afterthought.