As painful as it may be for some of you | Syracusefan.com

As painful as it may be for some of you

sabach

All American
we may need Notre Dame to win this weekend and win out in order for SU to get a bowl bid. If ND wins out, they may go BCS, which opens the Champs Bowl back to the BE. In that case, we get a BE bowl invite automatically. If ND doesn't go BCS, they take the Champs and we may need the Big East Conference to fight for us to get into an at large bowl. I don't see the Big East Conference making that big of a fight for us.

they could also easily lose to USC/Wake/Maryland/Stanford 6-6 and decide to stay home.

right now the BE has WV/USF/rutgers/cinci looking at bowls pitt/su/uconn/ul all really need to do some work.

we may need Notre Dame to win this weekend and win out in order for SU to get a bowl bid. If ND wins out, they may go BCS, which opens the Champs Bowl back to the BE. In that case, we get a BE bowl invite automatically. If ND doesn't go BCS, they take the Champs and we may need the Big East Conference to fight for us to get into an at large bowl. I don't see the Big East Conference making that big of a fight for us.

There's 72 bowls. If we're bowl-eligible, we'll be in a bowl. I believe only one team was bowl-eligible last year and didn't go to a bowl, and that was a MAC school.

What we need to focus on is winning. I'm not worried about whether or not we get into some minor bowl if we go 6-6. I want to see us win at least 7-8 games and then let the chips fall as they may.

What we need to focus on is winning. I'm not worried about whether or not we get into some minor bowl if we go 6-6. I want to see us win at least 7-8 games and then let the chips fall as they may.

I'd rather see us win 10.

We are 4-2. Our remaining schedule is WVU (5-1), LVille (2-4), UConn (3-4), USF (4-1), Cinci (5-1) and Pitt (3-4)

Each year we have a surprise win and a surprise loss. This years loss was the Rutgers game.

I firmly believe we have two (or more) wins in there

"Just" find a way to win 3 more and there won't be an issue. :)

We are 4-2. Our remaining schedule is WVU (5-1), LVille (2-4), UConn (3-4), USF (4-1), Cinci (5-1) and Pitt (3-4)

Each year we have a surprise win and a surprise loss. This years loss was the Rutgers game.

I firmly believe we have two (or more) wins in there

Louisville, UConn, USF, and Cincy. 8-4

Yeah, what others have said. It's way too early to be needing someone else to win out for us to get a bowl bid. Get to 7 wins and it's not even an issue. Get to 6 wins and it would be unlikely for us not to get a bowl bid.

Yeah, what others have said. It's way too early to be needing someone else to win out for us to get a bowl bid. Get to 7 wins and it's not even an issue. Get to 6 wins and it would be unlikely for us not to get a bowl bid.
Ihear ya. But I can just see four weeks from now when everybody on this board will be up in arms because ND will "steal" the BE Champs Bowl spot, leaving a BE bowl eligible team without a guaranteed bowl. If that is SU, do we really expect the BE to fight to get us into a bowl?
I hope I'm wrong.

Ihear ya. But I can just see four weeks from now when everybody on this board will be up in arms because ND will "steal" the BE Champs Bowl spot, leaving a BE bowl eligible team without a guaranteed bowl. If that is SU, do we really expect the BE to fight to get us into a bowl?
I hope I'm wrong.

But there are other conferences that likely won't be able to meet their allotment of bowl-eligible teams. We aren't stuck with only the BE bowl tie-ins just because they're the only ones guaranteed to the BE.

If we can't go 3-3 with our remaining schedule, we shouldn't be in a bowl.

Either way, the fact that this could even be an issue is just another reason why no one should be giving us crap about getting out of this conference.

Your'e not a fortune teller! No one knows what will happen over the next 6 games. Honestly some of you guys are actually comical. To say SU has a lot of work to do in order to make a bowl game is at best delusional. Finishing 2-4 over the last half of the season against mostly marginal competetion doesnt meet that definition. I think it's going to be funny to laugh at all the over the top negativity when SU ends up 8-4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom