Ashley Wenskoski | Syracusefan.com

Ashley Wenskoski

SWC75

Bored Historian
Channel 's sports reporter Ashley Wenskoski

...just said that SU had it's "best game at free throw shooting against Louisville" because we made 25 of them. She failed to mention that we missed 14 of them and if we'd made a few more of them, we wouldn't have sweated out the final minutes.

I know we shot a lot of them. At one point I was thinking we were approaching David Rivers in the Dome territory. Didn’t that ND team shoot like 48 of them? Digger did his stupid dance that game. Not a great memory.

I know we shot a lot of them. At one point I was thinking we were approaching David Rivers in the Dome territory. Didn’t that ND team shoot like 48 of them? Digger did his stupid dance that game. Not a great memory.

1986. Notre Dame, (then a non-conference opponent), shot 49 free throws while we shot 11 and they won 81-85. In the season ending game, Navy shot 54 free throws to our 21 and they won 85-97. That was the SU team that blew out USC (who had Hank Gaithers and Bo Kimble) 102-68 and their coach called us the best team he'd seen since the Walton Gang.

Channel 's sports reporter Ashley Wenskoski

...just said that SU had it's "best game at free throw shooting against Louisville" because we made 25 of them. She failed to mention that we missed 14 of them and if we'd made a few more of them, we wouldn't have sweated out the final minutes.
Graduated May (Newhouse), hired to role in August and both parents are Newhouse alum.

She will move on quickly to bigger things

Season 4 Flirting GIF by The Office

Graduated May (Newhouse), hired to role in August and both parents are Newhouse alum.

She will move on quickly to bigger things
Not if she said “SU had their best game free throw shooting.”

1986. Notre Dame, (then a non-conference opponent), shot 49 free throws while we shot 11 and they won 81-85. In the season ending game, Navy shot 54 free throws to our 21 and they won 85-97. That was the SU team that blew out USC (who had Hank Gaithers and Bo Kimble) 102-68 and their coach called us the best team he'd seen since the Walton Gang.
Loyola Marymount

Not if she said “SU had their best game free throw shooting.”
While I agree she is ill prepared and possibly out of her league, the way the world works now a days is that if your connected and / or somewhat attractive, you will have doors open and opportunities available that are easier to go through than others.

Personally, I can see her moving on to other forms of media outside sports coverage as her career progresses.

She will get an opportunity on a bigger stage in something other than sports

She misspoke or poorly wrote her comment but I think she is pretty good. I think Sladek is good too and both are better than the more experienced/established sports folks on the stations.
Agreed - may be poorly worded, but I’ll defend her. Was this the most makes weve had all season? Attempts we’ve had all season?

Could argue both of those would mean our “best” game, even if it wasn’t our “best” percentage.

She’s doing a good job and clearly loves the orange.

While I agree she is ill prepared and possibly out of her league, the way the world works now a days is that if your connected and / or somewhat attractive, you will have doors open and opportunities available that are easier to go through than others.

Personally, I can see her moving on to other forms of media outside sports coverage as her career progresses.

She looks as if she spends a lot of time in a tanning salon.

Agreed - may be poorly worded, but I’ll defend her. Was this the most makes weve had all season? Attempts we’ve had all season?

Could argue both of those would mean our “best” game, even if it wasn’t our “best” percentage.

She’s doing a good job and clearly loves the orange.

64.1% in a game that didn't have to be that close is not our best game.

If she doesn't do her homework then her career will be stagnant. For these people, it should be fairly easy to read off cue cards, but the difference is when they excel at live interviews and/or color/PBP.

Two women who cover Golf, Chantel McCabe and Amanda Ballionis Renner have worked very hard to be believable in their craft at the national level.

Syracuse's own Isis Young seems like a hard worker as well and she is being rewarded with some more national type broadcasts.

Would it be possible for Ashley to wear a Syracuse cheerleader outfit on game days? Asking for a friend.:rolleyes:

The dirty old men comments though this entire thread are far more cringeworthy.
Get over yourself, I said folks, not chicks. It goes for dudes too. I give Paulie on OrangeNation crap everyday for being a radio guy not a sports guy due to his awful takes.

Get over yourself, I said folks, not chicks. It goes for dudes too. I give Paulie on OrangeNation crap everyday for being a radio guy not a sports guy due to his awful takes.
Moreso referring to the cheerleading posts or assuming she got her job because of her looks. Just a drop in the bucket of the weird comments made every day on this site that would make women uncomfortable.

Wasn't directed towards you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom