Ashton Broyld | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ashton Broyld

but reedny he told john garcia jr and a few others diffrent but if he does o well ..

I've said it before (as has bnoro) but Ashton should be used in a Aaron Hernandez role. Nice package set up where he can be in the backfield, slot, or wing. One player with multiple positions causes a lot of issues for defenses, especially as the D moves more into personnel groupings.

“He’s talking about implementing some of the stuff I ran last year like the pistol, 4-wide, 5-wide, a couple tight ends. It will really be a little of everything,” Jones said.

Tight end it is!

Broyld = Aaron Hernandez + Vernon Davis

“He’s talking about implementing some of the stuff I ran last year like the pistol, 4-wide, 5-wide, a couple tight ends. It will really be a little of everything,” Jones said.

Tight end it is!

Broyld = Aaron Hernandez + Vernon Davis

Let's give him a few games his second year before we make these ridiculous comparisons.

I've said it before (as has bnoro) but Ashton should be used in a Aaron Hernandez role. Nice package set up where he can be in the backfield, slot, or wing. One player with multiple positions causes a lot of issues for defenses, especially as the D moves more into personnel groupings.

I said before he stepped foot on campus he'd be a TE or OLB when it was all said and done. So we'll see what happens.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Can he even catch he doesn't seem to have the best hands?

What are you basing this opinion on - you pharse it as more of a statement than a question?
He was not good in spring/preseason practices catching the ball

With the lack of RB recruits this season we may be best served if he stays put

My prediction, he never impacts. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this kid flourish. But...from what I've heard, he can't learn a playbook so quarterback is out. He has stone hands so receiver is out. If his talents are to be utilized, it's on defense. My opinion, strong safety/OLB is his best fit to thrive in the program.

Does anyone here know which position(s) Broyld received practice reps during the Bowl Practice time last month? Did he stay at running back the entire time? Or did he receive some reps at QB, TE, etc.?

I'm very curious how McDonald is going to use him in his offense. With Gus Edwards decommitting, that leaves a hole at RB (to a certain extent), which could be filled by leaving McFarlane and/or Broyld there. But is that his best position?

Should be interesting to see what happens to him this spring.
A lot of what is being said is true about Ashton. I think his hands are better than what people are saying and he is not hopelessly stupid either. But he is a player who does not fit neatly into one of the normal predefined positions.

He is a problem that, if solved, could pay great dividends. It will be interesting to see if the staff can rise to the challenge and leverage his skills into production on the field. I hope so...he is really fun to watch when he has the ball in the open field.

Link

A lot of what is being said is true about Ashton. I think his hands are better than what people are saying and he is not hopelessly stupid either. But he is a player who does not fit neatly into one of the normal predefined positions.

He is a problem that, if solved, could pay great dividends. It will be interesting to see if the staff can rise to the challenge and leverage his skills into production on the field. I hope so...he is really fun to watch when he has the ball in the open field.

Link
Amen! He should at least get a fresh, objective look by the new O coaching staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom