Ashton Broyld | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ashton Broyld

Anyone have an updated number on how many we can take in January that count towards last years class? So far as I can tell we have Broyld and Myles Davis, doesn't sound like Smallwood will make it from what's written here.

One guru here says Hunt will be Nassib's successor

I would love for Hunt to be the guy to win the job, I really would. From what little i have seen he seems to have the makings of a classic leader type, and he will have a year jump on Ashton learning the system. One would like to think that this would give him the edge in providing the consistency and accountability that Marrone is trying to wrench out of these guys. Plus, while both guys are capable of playing other positions, Ashton's size and versatility would mean that we should see an athletic upgrade at two positions for the same stone.

That all said OE, my money is on Broyld to take over. I'm quite biased due to the fact that I have seen two of Asthon's full games, vs sparse clips of Hunt. But I just love his ability. His size probably prevents him from having that extra gear, but he gets up to full speed quickly, and seems to change direction very smoothly, and the power is unmistakable.

I would love for Hunt to be the guy to win the job, I really would. From what little i have seen he seems to have the makings of a classic leader type, and he will have a year jump on Ashton learning the system. One would like to think that this would give him the edge in providing the consistency and accountability that Marrone is trying to wrench out of these guys. Plus, while both guys are capable of playing other positions, Ashton's size and versatility would mean that we should see an athletic upgrade at two positions for the same stone.

That all said OE, my money is on Broyld to take over. I'm quite biased due to the fact that I have seen two of Asthon's full games, vs sparse clips of Hunt. But I just love his ability. His size probably prevents him from having that extra gear, but he gets up to full speed quickly, and seems to change direction very smoothly, and the power is unmistakable.

I want an McNabb/Johnson type competition with the non qb being the type of factor KJ was.

I see Broyld as a TE/WR type, not a QB. With his size and speed he could really be a game changer. TE/WR is the need now and in the future.

I feel like Hunt has more upside at the QB position and I could really see Broyld excelling as an all purpose H-back. He could cause seriously problems for a defense due to his versatility. I mean the kid can line up in the back field and could take the handoff from the QB as he is a natural power runner, could throw a dyanmite block as a fullback for another RB, could motion out to the TE position, could motion out to the WR position, or make a half back pass here and there. With Hunt possibly playing QB we could have a lot of versatility back there. Send Hunt out to a WR position and have Broyld run the option on a play here and there.

I feel like Hunt has more upside at the QB position and I could really see Broyld excelling as an all purpose H-back. He could cause seriously problems for a defense due to his versatility. I mean the kid can line up in the back field and could take the handoff from the QB as he is a natural power runner, could throw a dyanmite block as a fullback for another RB, could motion out to the TE position, could motion out to the WR position, or make a half back pass here and there. With Hunt possibly playing QB we could have a lot of versatility back there. Send Hunt out to a WR position and have Broyld run the option on a play here and there.
Either way, it's a great problem to have. Both project well to other positions - may the best man win!

Broyld will not be a 6'5'', 240 pound HB.

If Broyld doesn't work out at QB, he will become a TE, DE or OLB. He won't be a RB.

I want to say QB, if he and Hunt are even close, then I want the added 2o pounds of beef running that show. Option two, HUGE WR. Option three, get Wayne Williams next year and put the finishing touches on the 3-4 personnel with another 325+ DT and use Broyld as the main rush LB.

How aobut Hunt as the QB and Broyld as a running back? We could put in some halfback option plays.

Either way, it's a great problem to have. Both project well to other positions - may the best man win!

My preference would be for Kinder to ultimately win the QB position. Move Hunt to WR (would need some time to develop) and Broyld to LB (he really stood out to me on defense in the AA championship last year) and you have instantly upgraded the athleticism at two key positions.

My preference would be for Kinder to ultimately win the QB position. Move Hunt to WR (would need some time to develop) and Broyld to LB (he really stood out to me on defense in the AA championship last year) and you have instantly upgraded the athleticism at two key positions.
I disagree with this completely. Kinder has struggled with reads and accuracy in practice and he seems like he'd be more likely to move to WR rather than Hunt. I think Hunt can definitely play QB here. I think Broyld should get his chance too. They are all in different classes though, so no one needs to be moved just yet.

BTW, love the Bruce avi. My favorite is definitely Troy. "Shoot em Elizabeth!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom