Ashton's new ball security style.., | Syracusefan.com

Ashton's new ball security style..,

Jake

Mod
Did everyone notice how Ashton was carrying the ball in classic textbook form?

loved to see it. Coach able and it was effective.

I love the kid out of the backfield on the spread read option. Kid hits seems HARD.

TV announcers were glowing about his future. I believe they said something to the effect that he would be a "special player" before his Syracuse career is over.

I love his vision and his ability to accelerate and hit the hole. Can shift on a dime and quickly go from north south to east and west. Not sure he has a future at QB but i think he can be a great RB with time.

Did everyone notice how Ashton was carrying the ball in classic textbook form?

loved to see it. Coach able and it was effective.

I love the kid out of the backfield on the spread read option. Kid hits seems HARD.

It goes well with his "elite athleticism" style as well.

Glad he is back on the field.

Love watching him run. But I also cannot imagine his future being at TB, just because of his size. How often do you ever see an NFL running back that tall?

Oh the other hand, if his future isn't at QB, he could be an All-Pro tight end (not sure he's fast enough to be a WR) if he can improve his hands.

Love watching him run. But I also cannot imagine his future being at TB, just because of his size. How often do you ever see an NFL running back that tall?

Oh the other hand, if his future isn't at QB, he could be an All-Pro tight end (not sure he's fast enough to be a WR) if he can improve his hands.
Brandon Jacobs is the only one I can think of. He would be a monster at TE/WR. I wonder what the story is w/ him and QB. Keep hearing conflicting reports. Wouldn't mind doing a little wildcat w/ him and let him throw it a couple of times.

Brandon Jacobs is the only one I can think of. He would be a monster at TE/WR. I wonder what the story is w/ him and QB. Keep hearing conflicting reports. Wouldn't mind doing a little wildcat w/ him and let him throw it a couple of times.

If he is being considered for QB, he should have redshirted this year and had his nose buried in the play book.

I agree with bees, I would like to see him in the slot or at TE.

I'm Ok with him as a RB but want to see him more in open space like in the slot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I thought I read that his hands are suspect. True?

I love his vision and his ability to accelerate and hit the hole. Can shift on a dime and quickly go from north south to east and west. Not sure he has a future at QB but i think he can be a great RB with time.
Agreed, but what really set-up his yardage was his patience and vision. He looked like a seasoned RB waiting for his blockers to open a hole.

I'm Ok with him as a RB but want to see him more in open space like in the slot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Exactly - put him in the slot going up against LB's, then he makes one miss and he makes a big play. We know nassib can make those tight throws in the middle of the field and in the AB's first game playing he caught 2 - 3 passes.

Not sure I trust AB blocking from the TE spot, but that's just me.

He will be an absolute stud in the role FLEX...put him at QB, RB, Slot or WR...He will flurish in this role...we just need to get the ball in his hands more...He is legitimately the only guy on our team that I would throw a WR screen and expect some positive yardage...He just has that IT ability.

I see him as Kenny Britt. Very similar size and running style. Would be awesome to watch if he 3/4 as good as him.

Dickerson, Jacobs 6'4
Eddie George 6'3
Mr. Jim Brown, SJax, McFAdden, Forte et al. 6'2

After watching him again I'm not so sure he isn't a running back. I'd like to see him in a Watkins (Clemson) type role but I'm not sure of his hands, less pass more run though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom