Assistant Coaches | Syracusefan.com

Assistant Coaches

Gotothehole

Starter
We need to shake up this staff, not calling names. We need a change after some huge recruiting misses this year.

We need to shake up this staff, not calling names. We need a change after some huge recruiting misses this year.
Did we fire Wayne Morgan when he said to pass on Ralondo Blackman? Did we fire anyone when we missed on Perkins, Mashburn, Anderson, Marbury, Hodge, Morning, Liberty, Rose, Mills, etc., all of whom were more highly touted than Green? No.
It happens. Sometimes $$ happens.

You are pretty cavalier with other's livelihoods when the outcomes of these recruiting tussles do not impact you or your loved ones in anyway.

Seriously, we missed out on one player we went all in on. Green is a great player, but by no means is he a program changer. In the words of Aaron Rodgers...R E L A X !!!!!

Yeah Hop did a horrible job with Rak.
I love when posters give a single example to justify a position... Maybe a better low post coach gets Rak going in his sophomore year for us, instead of a worthless senior season.
After Bernie left, it has definitely gone in a downhill trend...

Edit: My favorite from the football side:
We can bring in a 5'10" qb and find success because - Doug Flutie :crazy:

Last edited:
lol Really? Well, at least you didn't call out any names. I doubt you will ever be in a position to make decisions like that on other peoples lives.

I've wished for a non-cuse voice on the staff—some different sets of experiences and skill sets, but it's like all star voting complaints: who you gonna kick off and why? Who doesn't deserve to be there?

Plus, the rationale is flawed. Green strings us along and flips, and that's the staff's fault? A kid got seduced to The Dark Side. That first happened a long time ago... and it can happen to anyone. If you're insisting we should have played hardball with green and demanded a sig earlier... in retrospect, sure, but don't you kinda have to trust the people who have been dealing with high school kids for years? This isn't a trend, it's an outlier.

I've wished for a non-cuse voice on the staff—some different sets of experiences and skill sets, but it's like all star voting complaints: who you gonna kick off and why? Who doesn't deserve to be there?

Plus, the rationale is flawed. Green strings us along and flips, and that's the staff's fault? A kid got seduced to The Dark Side. That first happened a long time ago... and it can happen to anyone. If you're insisting we should have played hardball with green and demanded a sig earlier... in retrospect, sure, but don't you kinda have to trust the people who have been dealing with high school kids for years? This isn't a trend, it's an outlier.
And what do you so when the kid says so you are saying I have to decide now. Okay. I'm not going to Syracuse. See ya. Maybe it makes you feel good but it doesn't help you in the long run. Or he could have said I'm going to Syracuse and then flipped at the last minute. Either way, it comes out the same in the end.

I love when posters give a single example to justify a position... Maybe a better low post coach gets Rak going in his sophomore year for us, instead of a worthless senior season.
After Bernie left, it has definitely gone in a downhill trend...

Edit: My favorite from the football side:
We can bring in a 5'10" qb and find success because - Doug Flutie :crazy:
Did you happen to see the jump Fab Melo made in one year. Please with the "Hopkins can't coach big men" crap. Think before posting.

Did you happen to see the jump Fab Melo made in one year. Please with the "Hopkins can't coach big men" crap. Think before posting.
Rak and Fab were MacDonald's AA! Were they overachievers or underachievers? Are you making the Kentucky first round draft argument? Take your own advice...

Rak and Fab were MacDonald's AA! Were they overachievers or underachievers? Are you making the Kentucky first round draft argument? Take your own advice...
Did they get better or not. Isn't that what a good coach does?
Maybe I'm wrong .

Did they get better or not. Isn't that what a good coach does?
Maybe I'm wrong .
Things are that black and white for you in life? Question is quality of improvement in time to be of quality use for this program. Do bigs improve? Do bigs improve in time to actually help this program?

Anyone hear the saying " how do you make $750,000 in the stock market?" Start out with a $1million... How do you make a 1 year serviceable ACC center? Start out with a MickieDs AA...

Anyone hear the saying " how do you make $750,000 in the stock market?" Start out with a $1million... How do you make a 1 year serviceable ACC center? Start out with a MickieDs AA...
Our players typically look better to other schools fans than they do to us.

And what do you so when the kid says so you are saying I have to decide now. Okay. I'm not going to Syracuse. See ya. Maybe it makes you feel good but it doesn't help you in the long run. Or he could have said I'm going to Syracuse and then flipped at the last minute. Either way, it comes out the same in the end.
That's what i'm saying.

Still waiting for DC to play the 4...

Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

You had Battle, White, Lydon, Coleman, and Chukwu as our "money lineup". Now you want to criticize our coaches. Take it down a notch.
Hint: Some posts are simply made to promote conversation...
That said: DC2 is still our best/only back to the basket scorer; so Lydon being a better defender in the center of the zone, we could put DC2 at the 4 with Tyler, would keep post scorer on the court without giving up so much with DC2 in the pivot...

Hint: Some posts are simply made to promote conversation...
That said: DC2 is still our best/only back to the basket scorer; so Lydon being a better defender in the center of the zone, we could put DC2 at the 4 with Tyler, would keep post scorer on the court without giving up so much with DC2 in the pivot...

That "money lineup" would be absolutely horrible, with 4 guys playing out of position plus Chukwu. LOL.

DC would be terrible defensively at the 4. He's way better off in the middle of the zone.

Last edited:
Seriously, we missed out on one player we went all in on. Green is a great player, but by no means is he a program changer. In the words of Aaron Rodgers...R E L A X !!!!!

Thomas Bryant too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom