ASU / Herm Edwards under the microscope | Syracusefan.com

ASU / Herm Edwards under the microscope

All I can say is Pierce should get a lifetime ban by the NCAA.

I didn't read the article until now, but this is disgraceful if proven true that they were blatantly disregarding rules about official visits during the pandemic. They need to be hit very very hard.

Last edited:
I believe Pierce essentially replaced Tony White as the DC. There was a group of coaches led by Pierce that wanted to get rid of the 3-3-5 and put in a pro defense, and ‘upgrade’ the staff replacing good coaches with hired gun recruiters.

They convinced Dungey to do it. Big mistake. Dungey decided to take some shortcuts, cheat like crazy and now the whole staff is going to get fired. Tony White got out just in the nick of time.

I wonder if some other members of the ASU defensive staff that Tony White worked with might become available as upgrades to our staff? At this point, it might be too late and not make sense to bring more West Coast oriented guys over here.

I do not think asu will be only program that will be investigated or hit with sanctions. Just wondering if Rutgers or BC may have problems?

I believe Pierce essentially replaced Tony White as the DC. There was a group of coaches led by Pierce that wanted to get rid of the 3-3-5 and put in a pro defense, and ‘upgrade’ the staff replacing good coaches with hired gun recruiters.

They convinced Dungey to do it. Big mistake. Dungey decided to take some shortcuts, cheat like crazy and now the whole staff is going to get fired. Tony White got out just in the nick of time.

I wonder if some other members of the ASU defensive staff that Tony White worked with might become available as upgrades to our staff? At this point, it might be too late and not make sense to bring more West Coast oriented guys over here.
Herm Edwards, not dungey

How did I miss that Antonio Pierce is assistant head coach there and DC? That yahoo story is insane. He torpedoed his career.

Ooooof this sounds rough.

a picture with one of the recruits with Herm Edwards AND that kid eventually enrolled at ASU.

It sounds like the information that they received is extremely reliable and solid.

heads are definitely going to roll at ASU.

Going to be interesting situation to watch.

It will be interesting to see how this story gets covered. Herm is beloved by all the big media and it may be West Coast bias pays off here. None of this reads well.

It will be interesting to see how this story gets covered. Herm is beloved by all the big media and it may be West Coast bias pays off here. None of this reads well.

Herm definitely plays the media game well. I guess I thought he had more integrity than this would indicate, if true. But that's only based on his media persona. I obviously don't know him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom