At least Babers Speculation can end | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

At least Babers Speculation can end

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will vote for any politician who promises lengthy jail time for anyone who posts the crying Jordan meme.
upload_2017-11-11_21-17-10.jpeg

Bad coaching decisions won't be helped by a team full of 5 star players!! Play calling on both sides of the ball are so inconstant and Dino has hurt the team as much as he has helped the team.

That's so beyond ridiculous. There is so much more to running a program than play calls. Unreal lack of knowledge and perspective.

The madden morons.

I think Dino got greedy with the 3 third quarter endzone passes.

Minus that he's the best we can do.

Yup, that was a bad sequence and I’d like to ask the question why 3? But other than maybe getting away a bit from a run game that was having some success I have zero issues. The game was called fine imo.

That's so beyond ridiculous. There is so much more to running a program than play calls. Unreal lack of knowledge and perspective.

The madden morons.

Whoever called for three straight end zone bombs from the 35 was a Madden moron.

Hope that was Mahoney freelancing and not what the OC drew up with a lead.

Good to see the moron patrol is out in force.

They melted down in the second half. BFD, get over it.
Please no more posts about turning the corner okay, thanks.

Whoever called for three straight end zone bombs from the 35 was a Madden moron.

Hope that was Mahoney freelancing and not what the OC drew up with a lead.

That was a terrible sequence and really felt like we were going to lose after that. We needed 6 on that drive and can’t help but think if we got it the rest of the game might’ve gone different. One shot was fine, but 3 in a row? Why?

Some of these posts...I get it's frustrating. Hell, i'm extremely frustrated, but these rebuilds take time. Just because we are in our 4th HC, therefore 4th different rebuild, doesn't mean more should be expected of Babers because the fanbase is impatient. Fact is Babers is in year 2 of an enormous rebuild. The program was basically gutted under Shafer. I'ts a miracle they are performing like they are. Right now they can put small pieces of games, and occasionally a whole game together. They just don't have the overall talent to put it all together on a consistent basis right now. Sure WF aren't world beaters, but Clawson has turned them into a very solid program. He's in year 4...and it showed today.

The madden morons.
And there it is...the dino love fest. Can't even admit when he was out coached.

Please no more posts about turning the corner okay, thanks.

The program is more than fine under Babers. They got in a track meet and the 2nd string QB couldn't keep it. BFD.

Today was disappointing, but concerning, not in the least.

They went off in the first half. Imagine what they will do with a kid like Devito that can really spin the ball instead of a limited walk on.

That was a terrible sequence and really felt like we were going to lose after that. We needed 6 on that drive and can’t help but think if we got it the rest of the game might’ve gone different. One shot was fine, but 3 in a row? Why?

I was ok with the first down call and we should have drawn a PI as their db initiated all sorts of contact and if they called it consistently as they did on Ish’s earlier td catch. At that part of the field you go for it on 4th down so you still had 3 plays to get a first down. The head scratchers were doing the same thing on 2nd and 3rd down and then having to kick a 50+ yard fg on 4th and 10.

I said in the game day thread it was like watching my Ritalin fueled 8 year old cousin play Madden and the only play he ever calls is 4 verts.

Like Va Tech and Clemson?
Yes.

Newsflash: Upsets happen in College Football.

I swear we could go 0-12 next year and some will still go "but Tech & Clemson". Those wins were awesome and do show how much progress our program has made but we aren't there yet.

I was ok with the first down call and we should have drawn a PI as their db initiated all sorts of contact if they called it consistently as they did on Ish’s earlier td catch. At that part of the field you go for it on 4th down so you still had 3 plays to get a first down. The head scratchers were doing the same thing on 2nd and 3rd down and then having to kick a 50+ yard fg on 4th and 10.

I said in the game day thread it was like watching my Ritalin fueled 8 year old cousin play Madden and the only play he ever calls is 4 verts.

Lol. Yup. Agreed. Bad sequence all around and perfect description of it.

The program is more than fine under Babers. They got in a track meet and the 2nd string QB couldn't keep it. BFD.

Today was disappointing, but concerning, not in the least.

They went off in the first half. Imagine what they will do with a kid like Devito that can really spin the ball instead of a limited walk on.
I'm with you but when FMHCSS was coaching and we went down to USF you said we had turned the corner, guess what happened we got smoked. We beat Clemson and you said we turned the corner, lost to Miami. I think we need to hold off on the turn the corner thing for another year or two till we win a few back to back games against solid teams.

Go, I think you are a great poster and love your posts but just hold off turning the corner posts till we actually do it :).

Cool, so it’s fine that we lost today. Upsets happen. End of story!
You missed the point. I'd stop playing board police and actually just chill out a bit here. Today's loss was terrible... are we on the right path? Absolutely.

But eventually this team needs a bowl game. It probably won't be this season but the chance is still there.

Some of you people are as dopey as Milly and OIG were about Marrone. Or Grob or Shafer supporters.

I'm weird? You're obsessed with a coach that you can't even criticize him.

You’re so obsessed with a coach that all you can do is criticize him.

See how that works?

This program has blown for the large part of 20 years. Marrone briefly turned it around, and then left and then it blew just as bad as ever within 2 years. I’m giving the guy a fair chance first, because he’s actually already improved it.

You missed the point. I'd stop playing board police and actually just chill out a bit here. Today's loss was terrible... are we on the right path? Absolutely.

But eventually this team needs a bowl game. It probably won't be this season but the chance is still there.

Board police? I’m just replying and giving my opinions.

I’ve made criticisms in this thread on this very page, just a few replies up!

I'm with you but when FMHCSS was coaching and we went down to USF you said we had turned the corner, guess what happened we got smoked. We beat Clemson and you said we turned the corner, lost to Miami. I think we need to hold off on the turn the corner thing for another year or two till we win a few back to back games against solid teams.

Go, I think you are a great poster and love your posts but just hold off turning the corner posts till we actually do it :).

Shafer? USF? When did I ever say that?

You’re so obsessed with a coach that all you can do is criticize him.

See how that works?

This program has blown for the large part of 20 years. Marrone briefly turned it around, and then left and then it blew just as bad as ever within 2 years. I’m giving the guy a fair chance first, because he’s actually already improved it.
Right now four wins is not an improvement. I don't care that they beat Clemson. If they can't follow that game up with more wins it means nothing by the end of the season. The record proves who you are as a team. Moral wins mean nothing. Pitt beat Cleamson and NC State last season, it has done nothing for tgem this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom