At least Jay Bilas gave us some props | Syracusefan.com

At least Jay Bilas gave us some props

DonLightfoot

All Conference
He said if Battle is healthy we will be a tough team to prepare for. Thanks Jay.

To be honest, it wouldn't bother me at all if none of the analysts talked about us and we just hide in the woods, so to speak. I think we have a decent chance to make it to the Sweet 16. I guess that is when the respect will come in so let's go out and earn it.

You’re surprised Seth ignored us? He learned his lesson years ago. And he hates us for it.

Insert goofy photo here
Davis always picks against us...and makes a big deal out of it. Now we're so "low" he just ignored us.

With our seedings, NCAA results the past 10 years or so would anyone who knows our NCAA history ever count us out or conversely make us a consensus lock to be a main contender regardless of tournament seeding? Guess the ‘experts’ figure that silence is golden. :p

One of the guys on the CBSN said we could be an issue for Gonzaga, think it was Wally

He said if Battle is healthy we will be a tough team to prepare for. Thanks Jay.

To be honest, it wouldn't bother me at all if none of the analysts talked about us and we just hide in the woods, so to speak. I think we have a decent chance to make it to the Sweet 16. I guess that is when the respect will come in so let's go out and earn it.

Honest question: have you seen Gonzaga this year?

44cuse

I mean, I love Syracuse and we love Syracuse.

But I’m not sure that we’ve earned much respect as an 8 seed that struggled to close games down the stretch against ranked teams. Quite honestly, I wouldn’t expect a lot of people to spend a ton of time analyzing us.

Get by Baylor and there’ll be some interesting talk about our next matchup.

Last edited:

44cuse
From what I saw, they had some good size. I think they’ve got two ’s with decent size who handle the majority of the scoring and solid G play.

Obviously they’re a 1 for a reason, but they haven’t really played anybody since December.

It’ll be interesting to see if that schedule hurts them this year.

I’d love to see how we matchup if we get by Baylor. If we do, I’d look at our matchup as the highest % for a 1 to go down this weekend.

If you consider how many less losses Syracuse would have if Frank was never injured, I think people would be a lot more positive about our chances. I don't think they would have lost OOC and would have also beaten GT. The remaining season would have played out differently as they would have had confidence and momentum and the officiating may have been fairer as SU would have been a highly ranked team. I think they would have ended up with 5 or 6 losses. That's who this team really is. A top 10 ranked team who made it to the round of 16 last year with all the players returning. The master tactician Boeheim has them in the Touney in a bracket without any of the super heavy weights. The Love Boat is making another run.

link?

5B659C94-DDB8-4D05-8E3D-0AB910B710D4.jpeg

44cuse
I've watched several Gonzaga games. Size wise they are much like SU most of the time. They play 3 and 2 tall G's (6'11" guy plays 10 mpg). Other than that completely different in that they play uptempo and shoot 10% higher. I'm not sure SU would shoot 53% in warm ups. But I'll take that matchup. The zone will trouble them and I like this SU team when we play uptempo like the 1st Duke game. We won't be out sized or out physicalled.

I've watched several Gonzaga games. Size wise they are much like SU most of the time. They play 3 and 2 tall G's (6'11" guy plays 10 mpg). Other than that completely different in that they play uptempo and shoot 10% higher. I'm not sure SU would shoot 53% in warm ups. But I'll take that matchup. The zone will trouble them and I like this SU team when we play uptempo like the 1st Duke game. We won't be out sized or out physicalled.

Love that they’re uptempo. Let’s speed the game up and get easy buckets. We probably stay off the offensive glass to get back on D. Get our tempo up, and slow theirs down.

You’re surprised Seth ignored us? He learned his lesson years ago. And he hates us for it.

Insert goofy photo here

Seth has been saying for weeks now that we’ll be a tough out in the tourney because of the zone. He’s said that in previous years. He’s not anti Syracuse. I just don’t think he believes we can get by Gonzaga if we advance. That’s okay. I don’t either, but we can hope.

Love that they’re uptempo. Let’s speed the game up and get easy buckets. We probably stay off the offensive glass to get back on D. Get our tempo up, and slow theirs down.
We are not a very good uptempo team...our guards besides Carey can't push it up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom