"At least ten players ejected for targeting Saturday | Syracusefan.com

"At least ten players ejected for targeting Saturday

"No. 13 LSU lost linebacker Deion Jones in the fourth quarter of a 45-21 win over No. 18 Auburn. Jones was flagged for a high hit on Jeremy Johnson just after the Auburn quarterback threw a short pass, and LSU coach Les Miles said Jones has to learn."

He is suspended for the first half of our game.

The targeting rule is tough, this wasn't a really vicious hit by Jones. But it was clearly a late hit and correctly called targeting under the new rules.

Deion Jones was not a highly recruited player, but has played well for LSU and I think was leading the team in tackles against Auburn when ejected. He has great speed for a linebacker and that is a position where LSU has very little depth.

LSU plays a base 4-2-5 defense, I think partly because they are so thin at linebacker and partly because they are so loaded with cornerbacks and safeties. LSU's starting safety Mills got hurt in preseason practice and will be out for another few weeks, but that is a position where LSU is really deep.

LSU does have a good replacement for Jones in the 4-2-5 defense, but would be in a bind if they lose another linebacker to injury or suspension. As it is they have moved a safety to linebacker and play nickel as their base defense.

Seeing as your safeties are as big as linebackers, I think your depth issues are not as bad as they may seem ;)

the targeting call in the rhode island game was awful imo.

the cmu game... clearly the right call.

I don't really know where to post this, but there were some rumblings down in the Bayou about some possibly disciplinary issues, according to some posters on their forum.

I don't really know where to post this, but there were some rumblings down in the Bayou about some possibly disciplinary issues, according to some posters on their forum.
I have heard Darrel WIlliams (2nd string RB) and Quentin Thomas (last string DT) may have, allegedly, not sure yet, maybe involved in a fight of some sort. Wouldn't have too big of an outcome on the game IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom