At my wits end with the program | Syracusefan.com

At my wits end with the program

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Same crap every year regardless of the coach. Bizarre personnel and play calling, inadequate coordinators, players who have no business playing Div 1 football etc. The playing calling today was horrific. 3rd and 1 ibaide the 35 and u dont go to Elmore? Down 7 under 1:45 to go ur calling a qb draw??? Thought Babers was better then this, team looked clueless. So tired of this crap year after year.

worked allday and missed the game. totally expecting to come home and read about our victory.
losing like this is becoming the norm. there is nothing special anymore about orange football.

Again:

e48mcLfU9zgFq.gif

Same crap every year regardless of the coach. Bizarre personnel and play calling, inadequate coordinators, players who have no business playing Div 1 football etc. The playing calling today was horrific. 3rd and 1 ibaide the 35 and u dont go to Elmore? Down 7 under 1:45 to go ur calling a qb draw??? Thought Babers was better then this, team looked clueless. So tired of this crap year after year.

Yep. I really wish I could just leave it all behind me. There are so few moments of joy following this program over the past 15 years, how much can people take? I'm glad I don't feel obligated to go to every home game anymore. Still have seasons but might go to 3 games a year, it's just a freaking joke at this point.

Just wait for the Bills tomorrow!

Today was tough to stomach...

Half empty stands.

WatchESPN game...again.

Outcoached by a CUSA team.

Outplayed by a CUSA team.

Out-talented by a CUSA team.

Has CFB passed Syracuse and the Northeast by? Is this all we'll ever be? The rest of the country bleeds football and we have a University, Alumnus and Fans who don't seem willing to pay the price for big time College Football.

Yep. I really wish I could just leave it all behind me. There are so few moments of joy following this program over the past 15 years, how much can people take? I'm glad I don't feel obligated to go to every home game anymore. Still have seasons but might go to 3 games a year, it's just a freaking joke at this point.

Until Bills lose to Jets!

not just that we're mediocre and unranked and give up 200 points a game. this game was against your ex coach ! the guy we ran out of town. and he brings in middle tennessee state and beats us !
if Babers ever had a must win to save face it was this one. the dude you replaced beat you at home.

Half empty stands.

WatchESPN game...again.

Has CFB passed Syracuse and the Northeast by? Is this all we'll ever be? The rest of the country bleeds football and we have a University, Alumnus and Fans who don't seem willing to pay the price for big time College Football.

And I believe we paid them $790,000 to be out coached & out played by them too...we also got out scheduled too...

Buffalo the only program who can top SUs frustration and ineptness. God i hope they win

I just wish at the post game presser someone asked shafer "at what point during your head coaching career did you decide to unlock the damn gates?"

Yo guys. First game in the Babers era like this and ppl are jumping off the ship?

It sucked. But I don't think it's indicative of his HC chops, this system, or Dungey.

Age old Syracuse fan thing - we like to add the 15 years of torment onto a new staff like they were responsible for more than 1 crappy game.

MTSU just was the better team, IMO. They freaking tried to give us that game and we couldn't take it. Their receivers when the QB had time owned the SU secondary. Not rocket science.

MTSU just was the better team, IMO. They freaking tried to give us that game and we couldn't take it. Their receivers when the QB had time owned the SU secondary. Not rocket science.

Our longest pass play was 16 yards. They had at least 3-4 big plays. We've got a lot of weaknesses, but the lack of a big play threat in the passing game is a killer.

Me to my wife "Hey I will go to the store after the game"
Wife to me "Who is Syrcause playing and are they any good"
Me to my wife "It is a game we should win by double digits"

4 hours later

Wife to me "How was the game"
Me to wife "Terrible BOMBs They sucks F -BOMBS so disappointed MORE F BOMBS"
Wife to me "Why do you do this to yourself? We have the same conversation once a year it seems about them."

Me to my wife "Hey I will go tot he store after the game"

4 hours later

Me to wife "Terrible BOMBs They sucks BOMBS so disappointed MORE BOMBS"
Wife to me "Why do you do this to yourself? We have the same conversation once a year it seems about them."
That's literally where I'm at with this program. It's not fun at all. I feel like it's a chore I promise to do every Saturday.

Our longest pass play was 16 yards. They had at least 3-4 big plays. We've got a lot of weaknesses, but the lack of a big play threat in the passing game is a killer.

Yup. I heard that stat late in the game. Alarming.

Half empty stands.

WatchESPN game...again.

if you want to lump the alumni into fine that is up to you, but not the fans. the fans have been walking up the hill to kicked in the nuts for 15+ years in a row. stop it with criticizing the fans. we can do the record against fbs teams, it is abysmal, like .200 or worse.

was unable to see game planned on watching replay .. forget it .. Im not masochistic

if you want to lump the alumni into fine that is up to you, but not the fans. the fans have been walking up the hill to kicked in the nuts for 15+ years in a row. stop it with criticizing the fans. we can do the record against fbs teams, it is abysmal, like .200 or worse.
The Dome probably went above 40K once during the Marrone years. Tickets are cheap compared to many other places, yet it's impossible to fill that place. The fan base sucks.

It was a miserable game. I didn't feel as though we had a game last season where the team played as poorly as it did today. They will get it fixed.

The Dome probably went above 40K once during the Marrone years. Tickets are cheap compared to many other places, yet it's impossible to fill that place. The fan base sucks.
It was a miserable game. I didn't feel as though we had a game last season where the team played as poorly as it did today. They will get it fixed.

1) College football attendance is down across the board. Games take too long now is the #1 reason I hear from people about why they don't go. Long games are great for TV advertising, though, and TV money > gate money, so this problem isn't going away anytime soon.

2) If you took any other Top 25 team and put them through a 15 year decline like ours, I'd love to see the attendance numbers too. In September of 1998 we were going toe-to-toe with another school from Tennessee. Tough to go from getting robbed of a win against a national championship Vols team like that one, to looking the inferior team against MTSU.

Me to my wife "Hey I will go to the store after the game"

4 hours later

Me to wife "Terrible BOMBs They sucks -BOMBS so disappointed MORE BOMBS"
I'm going to end up having the same discussion with my wife when I get home. Living 5 hours away and dedicating not just $$ and tons of emotion into these games it eventually may get hard to justify. I thought we were making progress but it doesn't appear we are at this point.

I'm going to end up having the same discussion with my wife when I get home. Living 5 hours away and dedicating not just $$ and tons of emotion into these games it eventually may get hard to justify. I thought we were making progress but it doesn't appear we are at this point.

Hang in there. I hear you. This is going to take longer than we realize.

1) College football attendance is down across the board. Games take too long now is the #1 reason I hear from people about why they don't go. Long games are great for TV advertising, though, and TV money > gate money, so this problem isn't going away anytime soon.

2) If you took any other Top 25 team and put them through a 15 year decline like ours, I'd love to see the attendance numbers too. In September of 1998 we were going toe-to-toe with another school from Tennessee. Tough to go from getting robbed of a win against a national championship Vols team like that one, to looking the inferior team against MTSU.
Can't dispute either of your points. Well said.

This season was going to be tough no matter what happened these first 3 games. This one makes it even tougher to swallow for sure. But honestly, even Nick Saban would have a hard time turning this thing around. Let's give Babers some time and I'm sure he'll show us he's a good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom