At what point of what game were you most worried? | Syracusefan.com

At what point of what game were you most worried?

Brian Orange

2nd String
This entire tournament we've basically been in control of each game from the start.

At what point of what game were you most concerned?

For me, it was the start of the 2nd half vs. Indiana. Lead at 12 at the half, they got it to 7. Seems like 7 is a lot but visions of Louisville were dancing in my head. Plus at the time, Indiana was still the #1 seed.

Never worried vs Cal, although nervous at times. Marquette the same but I always thought we were better.

When Vander Blue hit a three to open the Marquette game. Once we took the lead I was not remotely concerned.

Close second to "just before tipoff of the Indiana game." Once that game started and we played well early, I knew we would win.

2:

When Oladipo hit the 3 to make it a 6 point game

and

First half of Marquette game after chubby had hit about 4 baskets in a row

this and when cal cut the lead to single digits i was a little concerned.

We've lost too many games this year for me to worry. I feel like its a bonus season since we started the BET. House money no worries roll with it!

The Oladipo three to cut the lead to six.

I really wasn't worried during the Marquette game. I knew we had it.

The Oladipo three to cut the lead to six.

I really wasn't worried during the Marquette game. I knew we had it.

same. oladipo 3 to cut it to 6, nothing else comes close

Our first possession of the Marquette game. I believe MCW turned it over and I thought "Oh no. It's gonna be one of those games."

This entire tournament we've basically been in control of each game from the start.

For me, it was the start of the 2nd half vs. Indiana. Lead at 12 at the half, they got it to 7. Seems like 7 is a lot but visions of Louisville were dancing in my head. Plus at the time, Indiana was still the #1 seed.

Never worried vs Cal, although nervous at times. Marquette the same but I always thought we were better.

Me too, exactly.
My fears were a little compounded by the foul on JS and the turnover by MCW that contributed to Indiana's little 5 point run. Was glad when JB called the timeout and obviously everything went smoothly from there.

I was worried in every game (except Montana) ... until we had a comfortable lead with 30 seconds left. I have seen too many SU games... to know no lead is ever safe with this team. BC in an early BE Tourney ... up by 8 with 55 seconds to go and lose it in regulation. Pitt, a few years ago, up by 11 with less than a minute to go... and we lose. Heck, the Louisville game on March 16. People laugh at my worrying during games... but, hey, I have a reason to worry.

I was worried during the entire Indiana and Marquette game. That is just my way. The whole time my wife is like, "Honey they are playing great their winning." I stood for the entire 2nd half of both games with my hands crossed.

When the round of mound golden eagle went off for a few points before the half and before the Indy game I thought we might get hosed by the refs due to their "blue-r" blood.

Oladipo for 3 from the top of the key- IU had control of the momentum and the crowd but SU showed alot of toughness

I was worried in every game (except Montana) ... until we had a comfortable lead with 30 seconds left. I have seen too many SU games... to know no lead is ever safe with this team. BC in an early BE Tourney ... up by 8 with 55 seconds to go and lose it in regulation. Pitt, a few years ago, up by 11 with less than a minute to go... and we lose. Heck, the Louisville game on March 16. People laugh at my worrying during games... but, hey, I have a reason to worry.
I have a new name for this phenomenon of not being able to relax: The Louisville Effect.

I have a new name for this phenomenon of not being able to relax: The Louisville Effect.
Or you could call it the Syracuse Effect. Even the most ardent optimistic fan still has that back of the mind thing going.

Funny, I would say before IU, I had to work and the app failed so I literally just bailed, I was refreshing the scoreline while flying home (not safe :oops: ). I refreshed at 4-3 then to 11-3 after first Dirty 3 got on the highway and there was a nice Orange moon and I knew Syracuse was going to win. Then they still only had 7 points when I got the laptop streaming it and I was sure.

I'm pretty nervous about Saturday,

I was most worried when everyone was calling Cal a "true road game". Lol

I've only been worried when I've seen Triche grab his back and BMK land on his face.

Words can't describe how critical it was that we punched back and got the lead back up to 12 after Indiana went on their mini-run to start the 2nd half. It was such a statement emotionally and psychologically for both teams.

I was nervous and excited in the Indiana game, under 4 minutes in, Rak with a quick 2 fouls, BMK with 1, and BMK steps in front of Zeller. Looked to me like number 2 on BMK. I've never seen him get a call in my life. Was really wondering if we would see DC2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom