Class of 2017 - ATH CJ Turner (NY) Verbal to UNH | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH CJ Turner (NY) Verbal to UNH

Any chance he had a growth spurt money3189 ?
Lol I wish. I'll tell you this, he has been lighting it up on the camp curcuit. Making DB's look silly. He's been the top 2 or 3 WR's at UB, Toledo, ODU camps. He caught the attention of Miami during their camp. He recorded his best 40 time at ODU camp (4.49). Michigan pass game Coor. loved him at their camp. Said he was the best WR there . Michigan is high on him. Would have offered him but they want to see where they are with 2016 WR's.

Get him away from those bricks.

Can't say enough how much I like this kid. Really hope he earns himself of scholarship here.

totally agree. I don't care about his height, he has everything we should be looking for. great speed, great athlete, really versatile.

Thanks for alerting everyone Cuse Legacy. Yes CJ recieved an offer from the ODU staff. They see him as a dynamic player.
Until a big school who doesn't care how tall he is offers

Thanks for alerting everyone Cuse Legacy. Yes CJ recieved an offer from the ODU staff. They see him as a dynamic player.

I hope that he gets other offers but I am happy to see him get this one from ODU. They have a good FB program.

money3189 said:
Until a big school who doesn't care how tall he is offers

Any idea (or any you care to share) of the feedback he got from Cuse camp?

Any idea (or any you care to share) of the feedback he got from Cuse camp?
He ran well at the camp. Ran a 4.5, which is good beacuse the coaches said the new turf in the IPF makes everyone slower. Height is a issue as of now to be honest. They like him though. He was in the upper 10 in all tests. Only time will tell.

I can't find a box score for the Eastridge's win over Honeoye Falls but in Eastridge's first game of the season against Irondequoit, CJ had 12 carries for 108 yards (and a TD) and 4 catches for 82 yards.
He's a couple inches shorter than Erv and a little lighter right now but he's still a junior in HS.

Assuming he gets an offer, any thoughts from anyone who has seen him as to whether or not he could grow into a player who's capable of replacing Erv?

I can't find a box score for the Eastridge's win over Honeoye Falls but in Eastridge's first game of the season against Irondequoit, CJ had 12 carries for 108 yards (and a TD) and 4 catches for 82 yards.
He's a couple inches shorter than Erv and a little lighter right now but he's still a junior in HS.

Assuming he gets an offer, any thoughts from anyone who has seen him as to whether or not he could grow into a player who's capable of replacing Erv?
I think he would be a "replacement" for Moe Neal.

orangeinohio said:
I can't find a box score for the Eastridge's win over Honeoye Falls but in Eastridge's first game of the season against Irondequoit, CJ had 12 carries for 108 yards (and a TD) and 4 catches for 82 yards. He's a couple inches shorter than Erv and a little lighter right now but he's still a junior in HS. Assuming he gets an offer, any thoughts from anyone who has seen him as to whether or not he could grow into a player who's capable of replacing Erv?

IMO he would be an excellent eXB in Lesters system. Just don't think he will get an offer. I think the kid has "it". His size is a problem, but he runs great routes for a HS kid. He could be dynamic in the eXB role. For example I'd prefer both Turner and Mack over Stubbs.

Last edited:

CJ is a little slowed up from a injury but he is a very electric player. SU is worried about his height but if he is dominating enough they may look pass that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom