Class of 2020 - ATH Israel Abanikanda (NY) Verbal to Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 ATH Israel Abanikanda (NY) Verbal to Pitt

That would be weird cause as a dB u need to change direction and be a side to side kid plus straight away speed. Kid can run I will tell ya that.
There can be different kinds of change of direction though, right? I've never thought of a plant your foot and cut or juke move of a RB as being the same as the fluid hips of a DB.

There can be different kinds of change of direction though, right? I've never thought of a plant your foot and cut or juke move of a RB as being the same as the fluid hips of a DB.
yeah they are different receiver dB more of same kinda see a lb similar to Rb. Both looking for holes.

Visiting Vandy this weekend. Not feeling too good about this one, Pitt is the team to beat it seems.

Visiting Vandy this weekend. Not feeling too good about this one, Pitt is the team to beat it seems.
Ya but we can only take so many of these 5'-10" 170#ers RBs or slot wr.

Ya but we can only take so many of these 5'-10" 170#ers RBs or slot wr.
Almost to the point of saying these NY prospects

They clearly are intrigued by other opportunities.

I'd say the comparison would be:

Three job opportunities.
All three pay $100,000 year
All three full relo package
Difference is cost of living and quality of education for kids

Do you choose?
Company A in Syracuse
Indeed rating 2.7/5 stars. New manager is turning the company around, but organization still has a bad reputation from years of mismanagement

Company B in Pittsburgh
Indeed rating 3.1/5 stars. Consistent, good history, some consistent performance the last ten years in spite of high management turnover and instability.

Company C in Nashville
Indeed rating 2.9 stars. Fading reputation after a star manager left a few years ago. In a tough Industry. Opportunity for exposure to talent recruiters and future advancement.

Who do you choose?

Going to be tough to do, IMO.
I know you're referring only to this recruit, but TB-25 has a point. Pitt has had our number on the field and in recruiting all too often. It's time to turn the tables on them. Getting AbaNIKANDA would be nice. If not, at least we should beat the snot out of them on October 18th. That would send a message that things are going to be different.

Last edited:
I know you're referring only to this recruit, but TB-25 has a point. Pitt has had our number on the field and in recruiting for way too long. It's time to turn the tables on them. Getting AbaNIKANDA would be nice. If not, at least we should beat the snot out of them on October 18th. That would send a message that things are going to be different.
I think we need to start doing it better on the field, then we'll see it happen with the recruits.

I think we need to start doing it better on the field, then we'll see it happen with the recruits.
10-3 and top 15 are nothing to sniff at, although I agree (as I posted) that we need to crush them in the Dome.

10-3 and top 15 are nothing to sniff at.

One Hit Wonder - so far.

We need to be Consistently Good, not Occasionally Great, for the recruits to really take notice.

And, it doesn't wash away the stink of 3-9, 4-8, 4-8 so quickly.
Most of these current recruits weren't born the last time we won 10 games.

10-3 and top 15 are nothing to sniff at, although I agree (as I posted) that we need to crush them in the Dome.
it is if you havent proven you can sustain a bowl game year in and year out. Pitt has done that. we havent yet. we need to keep making bowls at the very least and get a few kids drafted.

One Hit Wonder - so far.

We need to be Consistently Good, not Occasionally Great, for the recruits to really take notice.

And, it doesn't wash away the stink of 3-9, 4-8, 4-8 so quickly.
Most of these current recruits weren't born the last time we won 10 games.
it is if you havent proven you can sustain a bowl game year in and year out. Pitt has done that. we havent yet. we need to keep making bowls at the very least and get a few kids drafted.
WIP gentlemen. Yes it's one year - no doubt. And we had a rough stretch after Marrone. So I agree, we need to prove it on the field consistently. OTOH, anyone following the program could see this coming. Babers predictions (by season 3). The lockerroom craziness. The upset wins over top 20 teams (V-Tech, then Clemson). Then boom, 10-3 with a bowl win and a heckuva game against the NC's. So sure, we need to show consistency. But it's not like Babers is selling dreams anymore.

WIP gentlemen. Yes it's one year - no doubt. And we had a rough stretch after Marrone. So I agree, we need to prove it on the field consistently. OTOH, anyone following the program could see this coming. Babers predictions (by season 3). The lockerroom craziness. The upset wins over top 20 teams (V-Tech, then Clemson). Then boom, 10-3 with a bowl win and a heckuva game against the NC's. So sure, we need to show consistency. But it's not like Babers is selling dreams anymore.

Most recruits aren't "following the program" - why would they?

Our program was a joke for the vast majority of their entire lives, with a sporadic smattering of "meh" mixed in as our high points along the way.

(and yes, now that one great 10-3 year also)

Syracuse Orange Football Record By Year | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

OOOF. That's really, really ugly.

If we can sustain bowl games year in and year out then in 2-3 years these kids will know they can make a bowl game here all 3-4 years and can compete with the big dogs. that will do more for recruiting then one 10-3 season.

When you look at what a guy like Brohm is doing with recruiting at Purdue, it is pretty amazing, top 25 class, and they are coming off 6-7 and 7-6 seasons after being sucko for a while. If they can crank up recruiting like that, then hopefully we can too

I'm talking consistent head to head, including beating them at their place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom