Class of 2020 - ATH Israel Abanikanda (NY) Verbal to Pitt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 ATH Israel Abanikanda (NY) Verbal to Pitt

Losing at Pitt bothers me because it's always quiet and empty...it's like losing to a group of guys in pick up hoop playing in loafers and jeans.

One Hit Wonder - so far.

We need to be Consistently Good, not Occasionally Great, for the recruits to really take notice.

And, it doesn't wash away the stink of 3-9, 4-8, 4-8 so quickly.
Most of these current recruits weren't born the last time we won 10 games.

Why can we be consistently good AND occasionally great? I never understood why people though that those were separate choices.

Most recruits aren't "following the program" - why would they?

Our program was a joke for the vast majority of their entire lives, with a sporadic smattering of "meh" mixed in as our high points along the way.

(and yes, now that one great 10-3 year also)

Syracuse Orange Football Record By Year | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

OOOF. That's really, really ugly.

SU 1987-2001:
I-A Winning Percentage 1987-2001
#10 in the country! :)

SU 2002-2017:
I-A Winning Percentage 2002-2017
#103 in the country! :(

All those Pitt commits this weekend has to help us no?
I don't think it would matter. He's a DB or RB and they got commits from a 2xDL, 2xWR
1xDB have 15 total and should have room for him at those positions.

Losing at Pitt bothers me because it's always quiet and empty...it's like losing to a group of guys in pick up hoop playing in loafers and jeans.
That game still piss44 me off terrible. I get maybe we don’t come downhill at Clemson because of the counter they were runnin but damn we knew they were running the ball at Pitt. Why is it so hard for them to get it. After that game is whe n they told shy and everyone to be more aggressive. No shhiiiiiit. I was mad. We improved greatly but coulda played way better with more aggressive play calling on defense. Let’s go boys

Surprised he wasn’t at Pitt this weekend honestly. I don’t know if that means anything for us and where we stand with him

Surprised he wasn’t at Pitt this weekend honestly. I don’t know if that means anything for us and where we stand with him
He was at Pitt the previous weekend. Vanderbilt the week before that.

The loss at Pitt continues to piss me off more and more every day.

Yeah, it was literally the Perfect Storm of:
  • funky weather
  • a completely BS "fumble recovery TD" that otherwise 99.999999% of the time is correctly called Forward Progress and the whistle blows the play dead
  • and their mediocre FG kicker having an out of body experience and kicking the longest FG's in Heinz Field history - PRO AND COLLEGE.
Sigh. :mad:

It literally took a collection of miracles for them to even get that game to OT, much less win it.
GRRRRRRR. :mad::mad::mad:

• funky weather
  • a completely BS "fumble recovery TD" that otherwise 99.999999% of the time is correctly called Forward Progress and the whistle blows the play dead
  • and their mediocre FG kicker having an out of body experience and kicking the longest FG's in Heinz Field history - PRO AND COLLEGE.

It literally took a collection of miracles for them to even get that game to OT, much less win it.

They held Dungey upright to continue to tug at the football. If I was Pierce, Elmore or an OL I would’ve bowling balled myself right into them and taken the penalty.

Egregious no call on the forward progress.

• funky weather

You forgot the most brutal ball spot on 4th down that would have ended the game if they had spotted it right

Seems like a good, thoughtful kid. I would have really liked to have landed him over...pitt.. but I wish him the best.

That video was a lot to slog through. I’m not up on my rappers (as I’m a middle aged white guy who listens to 80s on 8) but that sounded like Mike Tyson.

Let them go for I have to believe that the NY state recruits like the vibrant, big city/small town atmosphere of Pittsburgh. Lived in the 'Burgh for three years and it is a cool city but...I can't stand the school.

I was trying to check up on Jalil Smith today and Lincoln HC was tweeting about was Abanikanda. Now I'm sure he is proud of his former player but I honestly thought the tweeting was excessive. Especially when part of the coach's job is to promote his current players so they can be recruited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom