Class of 2020 - ATH Tirek Murphy Jr (NY) Verbal to Purdue | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 ATH Tirek Murphy Jr (NY) Verbal to Purdue

Exactly. Be selective. We’re only pounding to fill holes.

Nice

1610471106536.png

Pound, Pound, pound. Excuses are for losers

At this point, I'm just checking these transfer portal recruiting posts to make sure you reply IB.

Definitely staying true to the consistently good, not occasionally great lol

Don't think he is good enough to play at Syracuse. Played in 5 games for Rhody. 9 carries for 21 yards.

After transferring to URI and being immediately eligible there, does he have to sit out a year now? He does, right?

I could see Mora taking him. Maybe.

Might he his only shot at playing at the FBS level. Wagner or LIU would seem more likely homes for him.

Question. Would he have to sit out a year now?
I argue that he would not. He transferred in June and dropped down to FCS, taking advantage of the FBS-FCS no sit rule. Legislation for no sit at FBS wasn't approved until August and didn't become official until October. I'd assume this means he could transfer back up without penalty.

I argue that he would not. He transferred in June and dropped down to FCS, taking advantage of the FBS-FCS no sit rule. Legislation for no sit at FBS wasn't approved until August and didn't become official until October. I'd assume this means he could transfer back up without penalty.
Gotcha

With Rhode Island being FCS, don't think he has to sit out and he probably transferred before the new rule.
Was he hurt last season? He only had 9 carries for Rhody

Was he hurt last season? He only had 9 carries for Rhody

This is one of those cases where you wonder what the kid is thinking. Who's going to take a flyer on him? If he was injured, then you have to worry about the injury. If he wasn't injured and can't play at URI, how is he going to play at a higher level?

This is one of those cases where you wonder what the kid is thinking. Who's going to take a flyer on him? If he was injured, then you have to worry about the injury. If he wasn't injured and can't play at URI, how is he going to play at a higher level?
Im not sure whats going on with him. I know at one point SU stopped recruit him in HS. Maybe they saw something early?