Class of 2016 - ATH/WR KJ Gray (NJ) Rutgers to Garden City CC to... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH/WR KJ Gray (NJ) Rutgers to Garden City CC to...

Syracuse
Cuse
The Orange
Team $avage

If he's deciding soon, it won't be Syracuse. He's not high enough on our priority list at the moment.

If he's deciding soon, it won't be Syracuse. He's not high enough on our priority list at the moment.
If this kid is not high enough that ia a very good sign. We would have taken him in any year in the past 15 (maybe longer!).

If this kid is not high enough that ia a very good sign. We would have taken him in any year in the past 15 (maybe longer!).
Agreed. I'm sure he'll be a fine player at the next level, too. But right now, I don't believe he'd be someone we'd take at the moment. Hawkins, Irvin...those are guys we'd take. I know we would have taken Darby, too. We'd still take Donald Stewart, but there's no chance in hell we're taking him away from either Stanford or Michigan.

Agreed. I'm sure he'll be a fine player at the next level, too. But right now, I don't believe he'd be someone we'd take at the moment. Hawkins, Irvin...those are guys we'd take. I know we would have taken Darby, too. We'd still take Donald Stewart, but there's no chance in hell we're taking him away from either Stanford or Michigan.
BTW, the Grove is tearing the cover off of the ball lately. The new site design is great (plenty of Orange) and the coverage gets better each week. I go to it before the other sites now. Kudos and keep up the good work.

Where do we stand with Hawkins & Irvin? What are the chances we can get one/both of these guys? I worry that if we lose out on these two many of the other prospects we've targeted will be gone and we could be looking at an uphill battle to get another quality receiver.

Not surprising. Good luck to the kid, I hope he's a success. But - and not to sound like a Rutgers fan - he hasn't been on the radar in awhile. I would bet he follows Anthony Brown to BC, but that's just a gut feeling.

Janner said:
Where do we stand with Hawkins & Irvin? What are the chances we can get one/both of these guys? I worry that if we lose out on these two many of the other prospects we've targeted will be gone and we could be looking at an uphill battle to get another quality receiver.

We aren't getting Hawkins. He is basically locked up with Michigan.

Irvin, who knows, but can't take him too serious until he visits.

I have to say this seems crazy to me. Hawkins is a national recruit that was big on RU for a long time, but got pulled away by the allure of top national programs. Is there some reason to think Cuse has a legit shot? Irvin hasn't visited yet? But you wouldn't take KJ Gray? That is a total head scratcher to me. Does not compute. I'd be willing to bet that whoever you end up getting isn't nearly as well regarded as Gray.

We aren't getting Hawkins. He is basically locked up with Michigan.

Irvin, who knows, but can't take him too serious until he visits.

Well if he's committing to Michigan he better get a move on with it, they've got 20 commits already. He waits a month like he's planning, they may be done.

And Irvin might very well end up being a TE if he keeps growing. Which isn't a bad thing because we need those worse than WR's.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 1m1 minute ago
New Jersey WR/CB KJ Gray told by Syracuse staff that SU is out of WR spots, commits to Boston College:

I am not sure why SU would be done with traditional wide outs at this point. Maybe Lester's offense will try to stretch the field from the hybrid position but I would think that whatever the offense turns out to be it could be helped by a burner who will demand extra attention from a safety. The lack of game changing speed on the outside still seems like one of the glaring weaknesses of the offense.