Class of 2016 - ATH/WR KJ Gray (NJ) Rutgers to Garden City CC to... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH/WR KJ Gray (NJ) Rutgers to Garden City CC to...

BC, Rutgers.

Both BC and Rutgers are taking big classes this year. We did that last year (and people were worried about that). We are being selective because our numbers say we should be selective.

In fairness to Sadiq, he's now a 3-star player on both ESPN and Skowt. I think it's safe to say he would have wound up with more offers if he'd kept his options open longer. But I do get your point.

I have nothing against Sadiq he seems like someone who could play a big role for us down the road, my issue is that after taking zero last year were considering only taking Palmer this year. If KJ and Cooper were still here that would make sense but with Broyld graduating and Cornelius still pretty much a complete unknown it seems obvious a few more guys are needed.

You guys must've been beside yourselves when Nassib and Pugh committed with no other P5 offers and a weak rankings profile.

This recruiting cycle is FAR from over.

Big difference between being concerned about the whole class and being concerned about one position (WR). Not laying this on you but several people in this thread are confusing where my concern lies. Though like I said there have been a few questionable decisions so far this year.

Nassib and Pugh are also the exception not the norm when it comes to weak profiles with very few other offers.

I have nothing against Sadiq he seems like someone who could play a big role for us down the road, my issue is that after taking zero last year were considering only taking Palmer this year. If KJ and Cooper were still here that would make sense but with Broyld graduating and Cornelius still pretty much a complete unknown it seems obvious a few more guys are needed.
Im thinking maybe they feel pretty good about young WR's like Custis and Enoicy and they plan to go hard next year for a couple play making WR's. I'm not sure but there's still time to get one this year.

Who's to say we didn't back off some of those kids to take a higher profile guy? We wouldn't know yet that though would we.

As far as I can tell we backed off manning for riggins. Undersized Simon for tbd and gray except he said it's been 2 months since we talked to him. I'd say that's tbd as well.

I dont have a huge issue with it but its still definitely odd/weird. How many times do you see a Div 1 team back off guys with multiple peer offers who they are in prime position to get to then take a player who is unranked with almost no other offers. If the staff feels thats the better player I support it 100% but its still odd.

Im thinking maybe they feel pretty good about young WR's like Custis and Enoicy and they plan to go hard next year for a couple play making WR's. I'm not sure but there's still time to get one this year.

I agree with that but the staff was the one who reportedly said they were done taking traditional Wr's this class, this isnt something I or someone else came up with out of the sky. I actually like Custis a lot, I think he could play a variety of positions for this year.

Trying to figure out why a receiver would decommit because a defensive coordinator is leaving???

Did Brown recruit Gray?

Trying to figure out why a receiver would decommit because a defensive coordinator is leaving???

Did Brown recruit Gray?
Thinking the same thing and I bet Brown was his main recruiter. Maybe KJ also realizes that BC won't have a passing game while he is there and Dinoball may be best for his future aspirations.

Did Brown recruit Gray?
Cuseguy, you say this with surprise? Makes complete sense for this kid's trainwreck of a recruitment...

Cuse'91 said:
Cuseguy, you say this with surprise? Makes complete sense for this kid's trainwreck of a recruitment...

Well..

I guess so.

Thinking the same thing and I bet Brown was his main recruiter. Maybe KJ also realizes that BC won't have a passing game while he is there and Dinoball may be best for his future aspirations.

He was going to play CB at BC for Brown

What is the situation with KJ? Just reading an article by bleacher and noticed we have offered.

What is the situation with KJ? Just reading an article by bleacher and noticed we have offered.

Offer was from the old staff. Haven't seen anything from the new staff where they have shown interest in him yet.

Looks like Pollock was recruiting Gray and Tisdale for RU this week.