Athletic dept twitter account strikes again... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Athletic dept twitter account strikes again...

ITS HAPPENING

...jk but really come on Cuse.

Interns back at the controls?!?!

"After men's basketball team takes care of High Point tonight, head to Koto for 10% off".
Beat Highpoint , get Sushi? what the..

It could be worse. Justine Sacco could be running our twitter.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry, you'll no doubt hear about it soon enough.

Another thing i wont do. Go into a taco bell and get a free taco with a stub. Christ pay the .50 and just get one.

We went to tullys last week and my wife handed the waitress a ticket stub for a free soda and i almost ended the marriage.

The thing that kills me is when my wife tries to use TWO coupons for the same meal sometimes. That is just sending a message to the waitress that you are a cheapskate party and you get lousy service. Never fails.

I'm not too proud to use my stub for a free taco.
Now, I don't think I'd bother to make a special trip just to get a free taco, but the wife and I were at Destiny USA after a game 2 years ago and Taco Bell was right there in the food court. and I was hungry so the two free tacos we got from my stub and hers were just the ticket (pun intended).

And I remember when I was a student back in the early 80's, it was free fries at Burger King on M street, but it was for 100 pts, not 75. And we did get free fries more than once a season.
And this was before the 3 pt shot and the 35 second shot clock!
Weren't these supposed to help increase scoring in college basketball?
Funny that now we get excited if we get to 75 pts.

I would be so embarrassed to hand over a ticket stub to get a discount. My father used to stop on the way home after the games if we got 40 rebounds and get free wiper fluid. I was never more humiliated.

Dude, I used to pick up stubs. I didn't buy wiper fluid for 9 years. Before that 44oz. sodas gratis daily

Pride comes before a fall my friend.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry, you'll no doubt hear about it soon enough.
Yikes. I think Darwin would have approved of Twitter.

It's my understanding the marketing dept has a ton of paid interns that don't deserve to A. be paid and B. intern at a major athletics university. I wish SU ath would just hire a social media manager/community manager whatever the title is. Companies that have interns controlling social media don't take it seriously and that's a mistake.

article-2527330-1A3B206C00000578-25_1024x615_large.jpg

Yeah...she was fired before she got off the plane...

It was hilarious, last night there was a trending topic #HasJustineLandedYet...if you go back through the timeline and look at those tweets, there were some pretty funny ones yet. Needless to say, as soon as her flight landed, she deleted the tweet.

And the best part about this? She's a freaking PROFESSIONAL PR PERSON!!!

Talk about being about as crappy at your job as possible.

EDIT: I should say, she WAS a professional PR person.

I live 300 miles from Syracuse. Those stubs are useless to me. So if we reach a "magic number" when I am at a game, I always offer my ticket stubs to the people around me. No one ever wants them.

If she was being sarcastic, she was likely being truthful. Still in poor taste, unless she was aware of the info below and trying to educate people. But you can tell the truth(although it isnt just about race), and like in math class you need to show a proof or you're going to be lambasted in this culture. Maybe I am giving this lady the benefit of the doubt undeservingly? I guess presumption of innocence is confined to criminal proceedings?

Here's a fairly recent multiple award-winning documentary(filled with everyone who's anyone in relation to the scientific aspect) that I watched one night on a whim and it changed everything I was misled by the mainstream to believe about AIDS/HIV. After having someone who I know had "hiv" watch it, he said he was "angry" with me because now he had to seriously consider stopping taking his meds. It made me question mainstream medical "care" in general. The best scene is when he says "so the answers I give will effect the results?", and when he is told yes, the knowing look he gives to the camera is priceless. Check the summary on the site, this isn't some "quack" job, these are the top experts.

http://www.houseofnumbers.com/site/

and here is the full video for free, although if you are as blown away as I was, I'd suggest buying a copy to support those who compiled this research

I once found a stack of "2 free tacos" coupons(albany area) in the trash. Nothing was required, but it was 1 coupon per customer. I was young and didnt mind driving around to all the taco bell locations in the area for a couple days. Gas was much cheaper then and it was kind of fun, to be honest. Most of us change over time, albeit at different rates.

Speaking of idiotic things to do on Twitter, Gottlieb is currently engaging in a fairly nasty back and forth with Garrick Sherman and a couple random people jumping in to take shots of their own.

Stay classy and professional, Doug!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom