Cornell: 25,519 (69-50 win)
St Francis: 23,117 (56-50 win)

Total: 4 games = 96,091 = 24,022.75 avg

Shall we tack this admins?

Indiana, Villanova, Notre Dame and Pitt should all be over 30k

Duke and UNC will be around 35k

Indiana, Villanova, Notre Dame and Pitt should all be over 30k

Duke and UNC will be around 35k
Will the students be around forhalf these games?

Students will be on break for Nova and Carolina.

Students will be on break for Nova and Carolina.
dont need the students for record #s. often that last sunday game is a monster and thats sometimes spring break.

plus, most off campus students ie: jrs & srs, come back on that friday, so id expect decent student attendence for unc.

the friday before classes start was always great time to party like a rockstar all weekend...

I bet at least 3,000 travel back for the UNC game.

Historically, that has not been the case.

edit... didnt realize that UNC was just a few days before start of 2nd semester. 3k may be a stretch, but there could be quite a bit of students there.

i still wouldnt expect the same type of atmosphere - because more than likely they will be forced to buy specific seats and may not all be grouped together.

Last edited:
May as well keep track of it as we regain our crown this year:

Colgate: 24,788 (82-60 win)
Fordham: 22,667 (89-74 win)

Should we also keep track of the REAL attendance?

Should we also keep track of the REAL attendance?

seriously. there may have been 13k people there last night. Actual crowds don't get much smaller then yesterday

wonder how many would have shown had they known it was not a pushover type game..

Now counting the attendance with 45 seconds left would have been something. Half the crowd was walking towards the exits. Insane SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are we expecting for Indiana? 32k?

SU's gotten 32,000 for a weeknight game exactly once in history. And never better than 30,000 for a fall semester game. So probably not. (I'd be surprised by anything over 27,000; then again, I've already been surprised by one crowd this year, so we'll see.)

I bet at least 3,000 travel back for the UNC game.

That's about the all-time top end for student attendance, so absolutely not.

The "announced" attendance numbers are becoming football-like. Not even close to averaging 24k/game. Lol.

The good news is that shows how many freaking season tickets they sold. WOW.

The good news about the UNC game is that they gave away a ticket to student season ticket holders (perhaps other students were offered or given a ticket as well). Since it landed on a day during the break, they didn't include it in the season ticket package. So, it appears that they're at least taking it into account that a lot of kids might be interested in going to the UNC game even if it is 2 days before the start of the semester.

3,000 students is a lot of students for any game? That's kind of disappointing I guess. SU is a moderately big school.

3,000 students is a lot of students for any game? That's kind of disappointing I guess. SU is a moderately big school.

I suppose it'd be interesting to look at the percentage of students who attend games at different schools. 3,000 (which we had for Villanova in 2010, Georgetown this past season, and a handful of other games) is a little better than one-seventh of the total student body. Since a number of graduate students aren't into the whole fandom thing, it's even better than that.

It does seem like there could be more interest from the typical undergrad (what 20-year-old wouldn't want to spend $100 to watch a dozen or so games involving a top-ten team?), but I'm a bit biased.

I suppose it'd be interesting to look at the percentage of students who attend games at different schools. 3,000 (which we had for Villanova in 2010, Georgetown this past season, and a handful of other games) is a little better than one-seventh of the total student body. Since a number of graduate students aren't into the whole fandom thing, it's even better than that.

It does seem like there could be more interest from the typical undergrad (what 20-year-old wouldn't want to spend $100 to watch a dozen or so games involving a top-ten team?), but I'm a bit biased.
I would've given anything.

I mean you're going to Syracuse University..

May as well keep track of it as we regain our crown this year:

Colgate: 24,788 (82-60 win)
Fordham: 22,667 (89-74 win)
Indiana: 26,414 (69-52 win)

Total: 5 games = 122,505 = 24,501 avg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members