Attendance Rankings since 2000 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Attendance Rankings since 2000

I'm convinced that basketball competes with football. People think it doesn't because they're different seasons of the year but how many times can the same people drag themselves up that hill? Probably the people in the good seats also have good seats for basketball which makes it look even worse. Reducing capacity is a no brainer but I don't know how you do it without messing up basketball. You want each seat a little more spread out for football but not basketball

This is actually a great point I never considered. I'll add to this as well, there aren't many other schools in the country getting the BB attendance that we do. I think that then has a negative impact on FB purchases from the casual fans, when they can just watch at home. I think there are other factors that play in to this as well for these casual fans; length of game compared to BB and product on the field in general over a long period of time. But if you're buying BB tickets regularly or are a STH, it would be hard to convince these fans to buy season tix for FB on top of what they're spending for BB. Alll of that just leads to diminished feeling towards FB overall and that shouldn't be surprising to anyone. As people have said over and over in these threads, consistent winning product on the field will cure all these things. It's not going to instantly happen this year but if we finish strong this year it could help speed the process up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom