Attendance | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Attendance

That was 30 years ago... Many many things have changed since then including the prevalence of broadcasting, significant inflation making life more expensive, streaming, etc.

Agree wholeheartedly. With the rise in cost of everyday goods, people have a lower % of disposable income,. And the ability to sit and watch from your recliner on a big screen and not pay $13-15 for a beer & a hotdog, $20 or better to park and the price of tickets is exponentially much more attractive.

I had season tickets for many years and gave them up post Covid, mostly due to my kids getting a little older and having sports/activities on the weekends & a few weeknights. With that said, the thought of going to a game (until this change was made) was not nearly as exciting as it was as recently as 4-5 years ago. I used to live for it and always wanted to be there in person, even if it was Cornell on a Tuesday night with a cold walk up to the Dome in 10 degree weather. With so many mediocre seasons, that excitement left and I found myself not missing it nearly as much as I imagined. The Autry hire has me rejuvenated and I plan to make time to get to at least a few games as my/my kids schedule allows.

Not sure why everyone here says to "POUND THE PORTAL" Red and current staff were responsible for bringing in this recruiting class. They will stick with this group. IMHO Key is keeping Mintz and having Jesse come back. I think that Girard's 40 minutes are key for this team next year. Meaning, the vacated minutes. These open up time for Taylor/Copeland/Bell at the 2 and 3 spot. Like in Hockey the following are the STARS for next season

• J. Mints to Come Back for Sophmore Season
  • Jesse Edwards to come back for COVID Year
  • Joe Girard to vactate his 40 mpg and move on to Grad School (Not Colgate).
    • Elite Shooter, Solid P5 Guard, Thank you for your sevice.
We keep the remaining players with 1 Recruit coming in and potentially a Portal pick-up. We do need a PF with a mid range shot (There is a guy at Harvard that could work for us).

GO CUSE