Attendance | Syracusefan.com

Attendance

Cuse44

Walk On
I’ve never heard JB spin attendance stats they way he did the last couple of weeks. I wonder if declining attendance and general fan support became a sticking point in recent discussions about him leaving. That and we got season renewals a lot earlier this yr - I bet the ‘take rate’ hasn’t been stellar

Does Red cause an uptick in renewals the next few days? Waiting for the email selling us on how exciting this is for the program.

I’ve never heard JB spin attendance stats they way he did the last couple of weeks. I wonder if declining attendance and general fan support became a sticking point in recent discussions about him leaving. That and we got season renewals a lot earlier this yr - I bet the ‘take rate’ hasn’t been stellar

Does Red cause an uptick in renewals the next few days? Waiting for the email selling us on how exciting this is for the program.
100% will see an increase in seasons, and tickets next year. The general fan (outside of coach Bs yes men) was exhausted of the current situation. There will be an increase, let’s hope autry has a better team which keeps those ticket sales trending up. The transfer portal has never been more important in the history of cuse bball than it is this off season. Our immediate future of success depends on it. Go grind coach!!!

Not sure about drastic increase but surely prevented an exodus - I honestly waited to see how this played out. I almost hit submit yesterday now I’m waiting to see if this keeps the team together - I believe it will honestly.

I’ve been a fan for JBs entire 47 yr run and seasons holder since 1994 but last few yrs have been tiring so I’m excited for this TBH - LGO!

100% will see an increase in seasons, and tickets next year. The general fan (outside of coach Bs yes men) was exhausted of the current situation. There will be an increase, let’s hope autry has a better team which keeps those ticket sales trending up. The transfer portal has never been more important in the history of cuse bball than it is this off season. Our immediate future of success depends on it. Go grind coach!!!

Winning will always fix things. Fans weren’t avoiding games because of Boeheim. I make fun of people but most aren’t that soft in the head. They avoided games because they didn’t want to watch us lose.

Winning will always fix things. Fans weren’t avoiding games because of Boeheim. I make fun of people but most aren’t that soft in the head. They avoided games because they didn’t want to watch us lose.

Guess I’m one of those “soft in the head” people. My apathy towards SU MBB for the last 4-5 years or so has been 100% because of Boeheim.

I am seriously considering getting season tickets next year now that he’s gone.

Guess I’m one of those “soft in the head” people. My apathy towards SU MBB for the last 4-5 years or so has been 100% because of Boeheim.

I think his sentiment is more along the lines of - if syracuse was having 25 win seasons, would fans still be leaving tickets on the table because of JB? You are thinking of getting season tickets likely because you think the team will be better under Red, if they are not are you going to keep those tickets or will your apathy return?

doubt it, just like football , only wins pick up attendance in CNY, that I’m pretty sure of.

I think his sentiment is more along the lines of - if syracuse was having 25 win seasons, would fans still be leaving tickets on the table because of JB? You are thinking of getting season tickets likely because you think the team will be better under Red, if they are not are you going to keep for those tickets or will your apathy return?

Oh sure. If we were having 25 game win seasons I’d be back in the fold. But we haven’t for 5 years plus. I’m considering getting season tickets because I’m excited we have something new. I’ll give Red a fair amount of time and if he can’t get it done, next man up.

I guess so. If he was winning games you’d have shown up. His personality didn’t shift. His comments to the media didn’t change. He was who he always was, to the very bitter end.

Oh sure. If we were having 25 game win seasons I’d be back in the fold. But we haven’t for 5 years plus. I’m considering getting season tickets because I’m excited we have something new. I’ll give Red a fair amount of time and if he can’t get it done, next man up.
If you say so, for some reason I have a sneaking suspicion that this positive sentiment of "give him time" will mysteriously disappear if Syracuse say, loses to Colgate again next year. But that's just me.

OK , and I bet there are some long time JB supporters that may decide this is the perfect time to get rid of seasons as well.

OK , and I bet there are some long time JB supporters that may decide this is the perfect time to get rid of seasons as well.
This is why I’m interested…haha. I’ll take their premium seats at a discount.

If you say so, for some reason I have a sneaking suspicion that this positive sentiment of "give him time" will mysteriously disappear if Syracuse say, loses to Colgate again next year. But that's just me.
aye, if you follow this board , some here had Red written off before he was hired. He probably gets no honeymoon year.

I think we’ll get a year or two (assuming we struggle) of blame thrown at JB, deservedly or undeservedly. Autry will get a decent length leash because the sentiment will be that JB and/or the university left him with bare cupboards.

If he’s not winning by the end of year 2 or by year 3, the conversation will be about cleaning house and washing our hands clean of the old guard. People will start to clamor for a national HC search. That’s the most probable scenario, imo. Red has a 3-ish year run and then Cuse goes and gets a big splash hire.

aye, if you follow this board , some here had Red written off before he was hired. He probably gets no honeymoon year.
And I don't disagree with that, you want a Cadillac (program) as your first car? You better know how to drive.

For football I payed a premium and always had 20 empty seats around me. Couldn’t give seats away when we couldn’t go so I gave them up and pay 1/2 for similar seats on open market.

For basketball no one seems to give up seats in good areas. they might sell them or give them to friends but if I give up my seats there is little chance I get similar seats back.

They are more of a commodity than football.

And I don't disagree with that, you want a Cadillac (program) as your first car? You better know how to drive.
I think he is getting a used Cadillac. Can Coach Autry get the engine humming again or will it just be a new paint job? If not, does SU go hybrid or electric?

I think he is getting a used Cadillac. Can Coach Autry get the engine humming again or will it just be a new paint job? If not, does SU go hybrid or electric?
Hybrids are out man! All EV or you might as well go diesel!

Ive had multiple friends who were boycotting this year text me asking to go in on season seats

This switch will be a jolt, not a catalyst in declining trends.

I encourage everyone to get to the dome next year. Syracuse basketball is about the fans, CNY and the dome. It doesn’t die with Jb’s tenure

If Jesse and Judah announce they are coming back, then you will see a jump in season tickets.

I think this will be interesting - if some old guard STH's give up their seats I do not think the younger generation is willing or able to pick up that slack. Since the ACC we have been an event ticket - I just want to get back to those days when big games had a pulse all over the city.

I think this will be interesting - if some old guard STH's give up their seats I do not think the younger generation is willing or able to pick up that slack. Since the ACC we have been an event ticket - I just want to get back to those days when big games had a pulse all over the city.
For years, every game was a big game. For five years we averaged over 27,000 fans per game and nearly 30,000 one year.

For years, every game was a big game. For five years we averaged over 27,000 fans per game and nearly 30,000 one year.
That was 30 years ago... Many many things have changed since then including the prevalence of broadcasting, significant inflation making life more expensive, streaming, etc.