Attention: Idiots At CBS! | Syracusefan.com

Attention: Idiots At CBS!

iommi

Living Legend
What is up with the camera shot from the rafters?! We know you like your little camera toy on the wire but please spare us the view from the Bob Eucker seats. I mean, really...What?!

Please don't try to reinvent the wheel. Your job is to show the viewer the action not play with yourself because you think something looks cool.

And if we can see the thing on the wire while we are watching the game, it is even worse!

We have Vince McMahon to thank for this. The XFL was the first pro league to utilize the wire camera, as far as I can remember. He Hate Me. Indeed.

We have Vince McMahon to thank for this. The XFL was the first pro league to utilize the wire camera, as far as I can remember. He Hate Me. Indeed.
You are correct... at least according to this wikipedia article.
He was the first to use it. Of course, it was only a matter of time. It took 17 years from invention to first public use.
I wish I'd thought of it back then...

Loved when in the normal court shot it was blocking the view. Priceless.

I like it for football, but not practical for basketball. Not really sure why they used it, it still gave you a side view shot of the game just like the normal camera, except it was annoying and awkward.

The change to this moving camera shot (and the frequent switching to reaction shots during play) are completely disorienting to the viewer. The director thinks he is being cute, but these "beauty" shots serve no real purpose during real time action. CBS should stick with the high pan shot for most of the game. If they must show these crappy camera angles, save them for replays.

In football, IIRC, the wire camera swoops and zooms over the field BEFORE the play and is never really visible in the normal camera shots. I think we had the JV directors' squad running the game last night. It was laughable.

Just another dis' agin the 'cuse?

In football, IIRC, the wire camera swoops and zooms over the field BEFORE the play and is never really visible in the normal camera shots. I think we had the JV directors' squad running the game last night. It was laughable.

Just another dis' agin the 'cuse?
Not a diss...they were using the Skycam for the other games as well.

Not a diss...they were using the Skycam for the other games as well.
Yeah, but they gave us a squad who didn't know how to use it.

I watched with sinister glee each time the sky (oxymoron?) cam appeared on screen and it seemed I could almost hear the director, "Move that bloody thing!" as the motor whirred and squealed...

The glare off the hardwood is another reason for that cam to be mercifully forgotten about.