Auburn got screwed | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Auburn got screwed

Auburn touched him that caused the double dribble. Referee was just too late to call it foul until the second foul.
You make a great point. Foul should have been called before the double dribble. That should put an end to this nonsense.

Jerome would have been taking that shot from closer than people realize. It wasn't going to be a halfcourt heave. It would have been unguarded and straight on. Not a high percentage look but certainly makeable
And then everyone would be saying they should have fouled.

The Brandon Triche charge call was 1000000000000000000000000000000x worse.

And no one except me ever talks about that so screw Auburn and everyone else.

Oh believe me I talk about that and the MCW offensive call that was a joke. We get hosed in the final four

You make a great point. Foul should have been called before the double dribble. That should put an end to this nonsense.

And the referee was doing a favor to Auburn because the precious time was wasted. Also Pearl said they want to foul. That is why there were two consecutive fouls in that sequence.

He said if he was the ref he wouldn’t have caught it.

Good thing the compulsive gambler isn't a ref because that's the kind of call one would swallow their whistle on.

The Brandon Triche charge call was 1000000000000000000000000000000x worse.

And no one except me ever talks about that so screw Auburn and everyone else.

You'd think with that costing SU a shot at the title against a Louisville team they played well against that season, you'd understand what Auburn is going through themselves. Guess not.

I don’t know if Auburn got screwed, but it would nake me feel good if they did.

Solid school beats sleazy school?

ACC beats SEC?

All toward a good end.

Now that I see they missed the double dribble, I can say that Auburn got screwed.
But did you see the Auburn player grab Jerome's jury before the actual double dribble ... There was an obvious foul missed by the officials before the double dribble occured. The video and picture proof is now well established via post on the internet.

So 3 things happened that play

Refs missed a foul on Auburn for grabbing a jersey
Refs missed a double dribble on Virginia
Refs correctly called a 3 point shot foul.

So even if this was called correctly it still would have been Virginia ball as the Auburn player grabbed the jersey before the double dribble occurred.

But did you see the Auburn player grab Jerome's jury before the actual double dribble ... There was an obvious foul missed by the officials before the double dribble occured. The video and picture proof is now well established via post on the internet.

You can't go by a screenshot shot to judge something in real-time. Jerome had already bounced the ball off of his foot when the screen capture shows what looks like a grab of the jersey. This is the same nonsense Rams fans were doing when the Saints got screwed on the PI. Anyone can use a screen grab to defend their position. Video doesn't lie.

Foul was legit. You can’t undercut, especially if you make contact pre-release. No issues there.

The missed DD was a tough call, but should have been made.

Someone’s going to need to help me on Auburn’s possession where the got the reboun with :30 to go. Called time out with just over :20 and then inbounded to the backcourt.

I thought they did away with the :10 reset after a timeout? Should that have been :10 violation?

I had the same thought. I know it doesn’t reset in the NBA at least. Idk about college.

The foul on the 3-pointer isn't the call chapping most people's butts

Not sure about that. All that booing was about the foul.

All the posts here were about the foul.

It was only after they realized they were wrong on that, that they realized the double dribble happened...because in real time, almost nobody noticed or reacted.

The media didn’t care when we got screwed in 2013.
Just because those hacks like Bruce Pearl and want a story this even becomes news.

Teams get bad calls all the time. I would have swallowed my whistle but don’t care the ref did the make the call. I thought it was a thin call but by the letter of the rules it was a foul. Auburn didn’t get screwed they were up 4 points with 19 seconds left their best FT shooter missed a FT.

Why did Auburn only have 3 fouls until the last minute of the second half? How can Auburn set a defense and allow the ball to get into Guy's hands and he got a perfect clean look at the 3? Let somebody else get the ball and try to win it, but for sure not Kyle Guy.

Why did Auburn only have 3 fouls until the last minute of the second half? How can Auburn set a defense and allow the ball to get into Guy's hands and he got a perfect clean look at the 3? Let somebody else get the ball and try to win it, but for sure not Kyle Guy.

All you’ve got to do is go MAN to MAN and play him TIGHT, and he’ll never be able to get the ball or get a shot off.

Wait...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom