Austin Fusco | Syracusefan.com

Austin Fusco

Orangtiz

Starter
I was just curious what everyone's opinion on Fusco is. I like him a lot but to me he is kind of quiet out there. He is just a really solid cover guy on the opposing team's midfielder, but he is not like some of the other LSM's in D-1 where they force a lot of turnovers and go down and score. I like his game a lot, he rarely gets beat and when he does he usually times a mean trail check.

I think he and Helmer can contain Perkovic this weekend.

I was just curious what everyone's opinion on Fusco is. I like him a lot but to me he is kind of quiet out there. He is just a really solid cover guy on the opposing team's midfielder, but he is not like some of the other LSM's in D-1 where they force a lot of turnovers and go down and score. I like his game a lot, he rarely gets beat and when he does he usually times a mean trail check.

I think he and Helmer can contain Perkovic this weekend.
Overall I agree with you as I like Fusco and believe he is solid cover guy. If I was going to be picky (which is what we do on this forum) I would like to see him be more aggressive from the wing pursuing groundballs and/or causing groundball opportunities for other players. I feel like if our FOGOs don't win the Faceoff out right that we really struggle winning the 50/50 GB battle from the wing most of the time. Not sure if that's due to a lack of speed or strength for Fusco or if he is being coached to play conservative. However, once we do get into a settled Defense, Fusco does a great job. Fusco will have a solid test this weekend against Sexton who is one of the best LSMs in the country and is a groundball/turnover causing machine from the wing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom