Austin, TX - For Saturday | Syracusefan.com

Austin, TX - For Saturday

I am based in Austin, but will be taking my son to Houston on Saturday. Great find on a Cuse gathering in Austin! I will watch for this in the future...

Guys...I'll be in FL this weekend...but sometime in the future I would be up for a Cuse watch. Is this place downtown? Let me know how many showed up?

Yeah, this place is on 12th and Lamar. It will be interesting to see if we can get a regular "spot" going here.

Looking forward to future watchings.

The Tavern is at 12th & Lamar, on the northwest end of downtown, and is a good spot for taking in a game. Food is not spectacular (hell, it's a bar), but the space is very good, and there is a pretty solid selection of beer there. See http://www.tavernaustin.com/ for more details.

Unfortunately, I'm in an all-day planning retreat about 30 miles east of town in Bastrop on Saturday. Jury is still out as to whether the Watch ESPN app is going to be fired up and running while I'm supposed to be taking a leadership role on some discussions.

No, I did not schedule this event.

I will monitor this feed for future game-watching get-togethers and think this is a great idea.

GO ORANGE

I also live in Austin. Not sure if i'll be able to make it, but I love the fact that Syracuse fans are gathering somewhere. Every time, it seems, that I wear my Syracuse gear around town someone comments on it. I've long suspected there is a decent slice of Syracuse fans here in Austin.

Any San Antonio lurkers out there? We are working on a gamewatch for a selected game in San Marcos for Austin/San Antonio Cuse fans. Join in.