Austin Wilson is ranked the 43rd best recruit out of PA | Syracusefan.com

Austin Wilson is ranked the 43rd best recruit out of PA

He said last night on Twitter that he met with his new qb coach and that he's pretty excited and "We're gonna do big things". When asked if he meant from SU, he said yes and that he's "excited to be there and compete".

Rivals has Wilson #21 in the State of PA - for whatever that is worth.

not sure how anyone would have seen enough of Ryan in HS to think what his pro college potential was when running the single wing , his lack of speed, and not throwing enough. What did our coaches see? perhaps practice they saw something most sites only have game film to use.

Just looked at the rest of that top 50 list: hope we're making some overtures to that Christian Skrepenak kid--he's a monster O lineman. His stat sheet says he's undecided. I remember his father had a nice career at Michigan and then played in the NFL for a few seasons (Raiders, I think). Here's hopin'...

I'll never forget Tom's statement the day it was announced Ryan was coming to SU. "He's the one the staff really wanted."

I'll never forget Tom's statement the day it was announced Ryan was coming to SU. "He's the one the staff really wanted."

Marrone should give him (and G-Rob) a cut of his salary. Where would he be w/o him?

Concur on the staff wanting Nassib. So the story goes, Dick Vermeil recommended him to Greggers.

Just looked at the rest of that top 50 list: hope we're making some overtures to that Christian Skrepenak kid--he's a monster O lineman. His stat sheet says he's undecided. I remember his father had a nice career at Michigan and then played in the NFL for a few seasons (Raiders, I think). Here's hopin'...

Skrepenak looks like a project. Might not be a bad kid to take a flyer on. Big kid and good bloodlines.

Interesting story on Screpenak's father. It made big news here in Pa. I suggest you google the name if you are interested.

I grew up in the area--know all about big Greg. Graft and corruption was (and probably still is) a way of life in NE PA--more so than in most areas of the country. Remember "Kids for Cash"? So what's the count now on the number of lawyers, judges, and assorted elected officials spending time in jail down there now?

Doesn't take away the fact that Skrep was a pretty good college football player, though. Hope the same can be said for his kid.

Skrep was a fine football player, that's in my opinion, got caught up in a line of corruption that had gone on for decades. Anyhow, I don't know anything about his son, if it is his son. I would take a flyer on him if he has the potential to be good.

Cash for kids...that is a crazy concept... Corruption at its best/worst...

Skrep was a fine football player, that's in my opinion, got caught up in a line of corruption that had gone on for decades. Anyhow, I don't know anything about his son, if it is his son. I would take a flyer on him if he has the potential to be good.

Cash for kids...that is a crazy concept... Corruption at its best/worst...

The Skreps are father-son...

Nassib was rated by Scout as the 52nd best prospect in PA coming out of HS. He was rated as the 82nd best pro style QB in the class of 2008. Rivals did not assign him a high enough score to be rated. Whoops.

Wilson is rated as the 99th best QB prospect by Scout.

He did commit exceptionally early at that time, think he committed in May. So I'm wondering if he would have had more attention had he gone through the full recruiting cycle and committed later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom