Austin Wilson - not coming to Syracuse to be a back-up | Syracusefan.com

Austin Wilson - not coming to Syracuse to be a back-up

HtownOrange

Living Legend
Love the kid's attitude: Competitive and respectful of (future) teammates. Good numbers and another leader. With the QB's already in the program, Allen coming in and Wilson in the mix, I think the QB position is stronger than some prognosticators believe.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2012/12/incoming_quarterback_austin_wi.html

I know some people think that this kid might just be saying the right things, but part of being a leader is to say the right things. I also think that he shows he is doing the right things by getting his decision out of the way and working on the issues at hand (i.e. helping his team). As mentioned in other threads, Marrone and Company select leaders. Allen and Wilson both appear to be such leaders.

Not sure he will beat out Allen, but he will definitely push him (or Loeb, et al).

These are kids and it is impossible to tell how they will develop e.g. Ryan Nassib. Wilson appears to have nice touch and good accuracy on long throws. Wilson may surprise everybody and be the next great Orange QB. Can't wait for next season's competition.

What I like is that he brings a competitive attitude rather than a complacency of "knowing his place". I think we are going to like both Allen and Wilson, whichever one is the future starter. Competition drives others to strive to be better. What's more is that competition is very "catchy".

I would not rule the kid out at all

Too bad most of the board has. I haven't seen this much love for a recruit (Zach Allen) since Max Beaulieu.

I'm looking forward to seeing how both these QBs develop.

Too bad most of the board has. I haven't seen this much love for a recruit (Zach Allen) since Max Beaulieu.

I never understood the hype on Max Beaulieu. That was based mostly on hoping that he was good because the sites had him down with a few good offers. I didn't think his highlight video was anything special.

Zach Allen on the other hand has some great film. But Wilson's tape looks pretty good as well and his body is more ready at this stage to take the bigger college hits. We'll see what happens.

You just Max'd Zach.

It would be fun to watch the film on all of the kids competing for the QB job.

The two recruits this year are exciting additions to the mix for sure. Both seem mature and open to the competition and growth. Should be a fun process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom