Avoiding the trap scare.. | Syracusefan.com

Avoiding the trap scare..

hungrychuck

All Conference
...well, there’s a lot of merit to that. It’s a sign of a maturing program.

But giving up 21 points to UConn, which is probably a 60th percentile 1-AA team?

That is not good enough. The standard needs to be higher, and we need to demand it be higher.

But giving up 21 points to UConn, which is probably a 60th percentile 1-AA team?

That is not good enough. The standard needs to be higher, and we need to demand it be higher.

One TD was a freak trip: Coley, fell over the turf monster. One TD was a bull crap PI call. The final TD was in garbage time with two backup corners. I’m not worried about it.

You guys won 4 games all of last year. Small steps. Enjoy the win.

Great day to be Orange! Headed to Clemson for an undefeated showdown!

The helmets flipped is a thing of beauty!

Can’t wait for next week. Roll the ball out and let’s see what happens!!!

I’m happy to see where our defense has progressed to. There’s alot of inexperience and youth on that side of the ball. Kudos to the D.

UConn’s qb wasn’t bad. Giving up 21 to that type of team was fine w me. Few big plays. It’s gonna happen. We scored with ease and suffocated them with our run game. No complaints from me.

Defense wasn't good in the first half but played much better in the 2nd.

You guys won 4 games all of last year. Small steps. Enjoy the win.

I’m enjoying the hell out of the win.

But as RF implied in his first response, we need to adjust our valuations to an improving team.

There’s a new standard.

Giving up 21 to a scrub team like this sucks. No matter the reasons.

Can’t happen going forward.

But as RF implied in his first response, we need to adjust our valuations to an improving team.

There’s a new standard.

If we’d left our 1’s in they would have stayed at 14.

I’ll trade 7 for experience in the 2-3 deep and less injury

There’s a new standard.

We'll, it can, actually, so long as we score more.

It’s been a LONNNNNNG time that I’ve felt this revved up for a regular season game where there is something really at stake versus credibility. The first thought is the Miami 2001 game which was over in 2 minutes. That’s the last time we went into a game and I thought if we could beat these guys we’re top 10. Obviously we ran into one of the great teams ever.

This Clemson team is not an all time great team. They have pieces. They remind of the 94 Miami team with that dominant d and ok O. We can hang w these guys.

If we stay in this one and compete, we’ll be set up for the second half. It’s time to push past the idea of a rebuild and onto the concept of success.

Al Davis said it best, “you don’t adjust, you dominate”. Let them adjust to us next weekend

It’s been a LONNNNNNG time that I’ve felt this revved up for a regular season game where there is something really at stake versus credibility. The first thought is the Miami 2001 game which was over in 2 minutes. That’s the last time we went into a game and I thought if we could beat these guys we’re top 10. Obviously we ran into one of the great teams ever.

This Clemson team is not an all time great team. They have pieces. They remind of the 94 Miami team with that dominant d and ok O. We can hang w these guys.

If we stay in this one and compete, we’ll be set up for the second half. It’s time to push past the idea of a rebuild and onto the concept of success.

Al Davis said it best, “you don’t adjust, you dominate”. Let them adjust to us next weekend

You get it.

We go into every game expecting to win.

The football board leading up to next weekend is going to be a good read...

One TD was a freak trip: Coley, fell over the turf monster. One TD was a bull crap PI call. The final TD was in garbage time with two backup corners. I’m not worried about it.
It’s also worth noting that UConn’s offense was supposed to be their strength. Their defense was Swiss cheese.

The football board leading up to next weekend is going to be a good read...

I feel like whatever board we were using in 2001 was lit that week of the 2001 Miami game. Was it 3 boards ago? I can’t keep track.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom