Awesome Game... | Syracusefan.com

Awesome Game...

newmexicuse

All Conference
First lax game of the season that i have seen.

Team had no quit - down 9 - 11 & then we come back w three straight.

I thought the play of the game was the point blank Molloy save at 4 - 6. If he doesn't make that save we are down three w no mo. Instead we seize the momentum from that point on until the duke rally from 7-9 to 11-9.

I didn't think the game winner was going to be a great shot as the play unfolded, but Trimboli had deadly accuracy on that shot. Kudos to him !!!

I think Duke played way too conservative on their man-ups & basically blew their opportunities. Our D was solid in those situations & did not give them the perfect shot that they were waiting on.

Solomon, Mariano, Salcido, and Bomberry all with strong O games.

Great job !!

Last edited:
we actually spotted them 2 goals. that second goal where we flipped it in front and the ricochet shot.
those types of plays can be confidence killers but we fought back hard all day. great win for the crowd.

i notice that after goals the defense gathers in front of the net and stares up at the replay. good thing ?

you really want to look at that second duke goal with the awful scoop pass to the duke player and our close defender and goalie colliding and collapsing in the crease ? i don't believe anything constructive comes from those 10 seconds reviews. there's no time for discussion or analysis. i can see looking again close to see if a ball actually crossed the line but other than that it's a wasted exercise. especially when somebody already knows they misplayed the moment. like that second duke goal. time to move on.

you really want to look at that second duke goal with the awful scoop pass to the duke player and our close defender and goalie colliding and collapsing in the crease ? i don't believe anything constructive comes from those 10 seconds reviews. there's no time for discussion or analysis. i can see looking again close to see if a ball actually crossed the line but other than that it's a wasted exercise. especially when somebody already knows they misplayed the moment. like that second duke goal. time to move on.
Totally disagree. If they are watching what mistake happened, and trying to determine how to fix the problem, that's nothing but constructive. Did you not see them talking to each other after watching the replay?

Would you rather they stand there pointing their fingers at each other?

Totally disagree. If they are watching what mistake happened, and trying to determine how to fix the problem, that's nothing but constructive. Did you not see them talking to each other after watching the replay?

Would you rather they stand there pointing their fingers at each other?

The play on the field happens so fast. After a broken play like that you stand there a bit shell-shocked thinking "wait...what?" Instant feedback watching the replay.

The play on the field happens so fast. After a broken play like that you stand there a bit shell-shocked thinking "wait...what?" Instant feedback watching the replay.
I'm a huge Duke Lacrosse fan. I was at the movies during the game. Sounds like it was a good one. Your Cuse team has been great with comebacks and OT wins. I hope that my Dukies continue to grow and win it all at the end. I always root for the underfunded sports teams at Duke.

Go Cuse!

I'm a huge Duke Lacrosse fan. I was at the movies during the game. Sounds like it was a good one. Your Cuse team has been great with comebacks and OT wins. I hope that my Dukies continue to grow and win it all at the end. I always root for the underfunded sports teams at Duke.

Go Cuse!

Love going to Koskinen to catch Syracuse when they are down here. The growth of the game at schools and clubs in the area, plus the influx of transplants from typical lacrosse hotbeds, has really created a good atmosphere with a crowd that understands the sport.

Go Cuse!
IMG_0814.GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom