Awful officiating in 1st half LA/OKC | Syracusefan.com

Awful officiating in 1st half LA/OKC

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Inconsistent, no rhyme or reason to calls. Phantom 3rd foul on Bynum called 5 seconds after the play. They call a flagrant foul on Artest which was nowhere near a flagrant to be followed by an Artest and Kobe technical. I hate when refs play such a big role in a game like this.

Metta didn't do himself any favors by swearing at the ref after the flagrant was announced.

sadly for me it will be most like Game 2 and 4. Play decent, maybe have a lead, then blow it in the 4th quarter.

sadly for me it will be most like Game 2 and 4. Play decent, maybe have a lead, then blow it in the 4th quarter.
Which is a shame. This has been a really exciting series that is misleading in its dominating 3-1 OKC lead. Im a big Kobe fan and I would love to see this series continue so im hoping LA can steal one tonight.

Saw the "flagrant". Looked pretty weak.
they kept showing the play from the wrong angle. From the front, it looked like Metta got all ball on the block, but when you saw it from behind you could see that he actually pushed Sefolosha down with his off hand. I think it was a good call - at worst, it was perhaps borderline as a flagrant, but when you are Metta World Peace and you have all that baggage, you shouldn't be playing that close to the borderline.