Axis on Incompetence Refereeing Tonight | Syracusefan.com

Axis on Incompetence Refereeing Tonight

iommi

Living Legend
Stephens, Valentine, Corbett.

Corbett is probably the best and he's awful. Was one for the clowns in the St. Bonaventure game.

Putting Stephens and TV Teddy together is beyond the pale.

KenPom has Valentine as being the best with Stephens the worst. The only way this could be a worse crew is if Greene replaced Corbett. Either way I can’t remember the last time we won a game Stephens officiated. I screamed at him all day at the Louisville game last year.

KenPom has Valentine as being the best with Stephens the worst. The only way this could be a worse crew is if Greene replaced Corbett. Either way I can’t remember the last time we won a game Stephens officiated. I screamed at him all day at the Louisville game last year.

KenPom should not measure refereeing then if he has Valentine the best. Well, he's the best at drawing attention to himself, sure.

KenPom should not measure refereeing then if he has Valentine the best. Well, he's the best at drawing attention to himself, sure.
The way I read that, he was saying Valentine is the best of the three in today's game, not the overall best. If I'm wrong, then I agree with you regarding KenPom.

The way I read that, he was saying Valentine is the best of the three in today's game, not the overall best. If I'm wrong, then I agree with you regarding KenPom.

That is correct sir. I meant to say he’s the best of the worst.

Oh, on this crew. I'm surprised by that. I would've thought Corbett would've been best of this crew with Stephens the worst. I like Jamie Lucky (sp?). Think he's solid.

16th best official according to Kenpom!

How many refs are there?

200. They guys who do the most games typically have the best ratings. Keith Kimball, Mike Eades, Roger Ayers, Randy McCall and Pat Driscoll are the top five guys. We never get Driscoll because he lives in Syracuse.

200. They guys who do the most games typically have the best ratings. Keith Kimball, Mike Eades, Roger Ayers, Randy McCall and Pat Driscoll are the top five guys. We never get Driscoll because he lives in Syracuse.
Wish the same rule applied so we didn't get the Farrell kid against st.bon.

Eades and Ayers are the best on that list IMO.

I hate this crew but they were good tonight. Consistent alol the way through. OB must have drawn 65 fouls.

I was also focusing on the Bills game at the same time but I thought they did a solid job. There wasn't anything that totally blew my mind that I can think of.

Valentine is getting painted from stuff earlier in his career. He is very good now though still a showboat. Corbett was the worst last night and Stephens is always bad.

But they are individually fairly consistent in their calls. You'll never find two refs who call a game exactly alike.
You can't ask more than to know how a game will be called.

I thought they were generally pretty good last night. The called the moving screen, which I hope we see all year when teams try to body block our guards at the top of the zone. Corbett had a couple of calls but I thought Stephens was pretty quiet last night. Valentine has been pretty good when he’s done our games this year. You know he will keep things under control. I did think we got mugged a couple of times late in the game. I could have strangled Battle last night when he dribbled between his legs when he was trapped in the backcourt. That’s a pee wee basketball kind of play. I thought BAttle and Howard were a a little loose with the ball late in the game.

I hate this crew but they were good tonight. Consistent alol the way through. OB must have drawn 65 fouls.

Totally agree. Very solid performance by this suspect crew. They let the guys play down low but never lost control of the game. Credit where credit is due.

Stephens won us the Georgetown game this year with that awful 5th foul on Georgetown’s big on a charge Dolezaj flopped.
It gave us momentum for the final 5 minutes.
Last night the crew was just incompetent bad.

Agree, a few ticky tack calls, but they seemed equal both ways.

No major game changing bad calls.

Too me, as long as the refs are consistent and equal and they don't make any controversial game deciding calls, i consider then to have reffed a good game.

I'm turning this into the ongoing whine about referees.

What exactly did Battle do on this play to earn a foul?

3bd_20180203dnsubasket24.jpg