Axis on Incompetence Refereeing Tonight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Axis on Incompetence Refereeing Tonight

I'm turning this into the ongoing whine about referees.

What exactly did Battle do on this play to earn a foul?

3bd_20180203dnsubasket24.jpg

The look on his face? ;)

Who knows what Berry said. Ted may have been walking away because he didn't want it to lead to a T. Refs have no obligation to listen to players who feel they have been jobbed.

Give me a break .. is he two years old ? He can’t ignore him without turning his back like a punk ?

He should have just put his fingers in his ears and shouted Lalala I can’t HEAR you !!

I was at a game he officiated the very next day and I was shocked at how subdued he was. I didn't know about the events the night before. He was still wacky though. Spent a long time chatting with, a reacting to, fans in the front row. Luckily he didn't do a bad job calling the game so I didn't get kicked out.

The Teddy Valentine sighting got my wife and I to reminiscing about the ref's hall of shame - Valentine, Tim Higgins, Jim Burr. Saturday we're at another game and - I swear this is true - Jim Burr walks right in front of us! He must have been there supervising or grading the refs. I was too in shock to get a picture but he looked back at us when we yelled his name. No question it was him. He's lucky I didn't tell him Syracuse fans still think he sucks.

I'm turning this into the ongoing whine about referees.

What exactly did Battle do on this play to earn a foul?

3bd_20180203dnsubasket24.jpg

Very hard to tell by a still, but could've easily been the body or hit an arm on his way up, the push from behind with the hand is a foul as well.