B-Movie favorites | Syracusefan.com

B-Movie favorites

CaliCuse

All American
I kind of like "Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow. B-movies usually have weak casts and story line. I like Sky Captain, The cast isn't weak but the story line isn't big time. Gwyneth Paltrow Angelina Jolie and Jude Law make up for this a bit. I love the stylized 1940s look. Being born in 1945 I greg up watching all the old black and white movies and the look Obviously it made an impact in this "look"Gwyneth looks fantastic in the early scenes, There is another actress that always gets my attention when made up in this era. Her name isVirginia Madsen. Some old time B&Ws actors are the oldstandardslike Jimmy Cagney, Bogart, Petewr Lorre and Sidney Greenstreet. Lauren Becall

How is Sky Captain a B Movie?

B movies are low budget type of films not $70 million like Sky Captain

Yes but it doesn't all come down to $ but in this case you are correct. I recall when this came out there was a great deal of advertising and publicity with the cast ,of course. It was a flop money wise.70 million to make a movie is a lot and with that kind of expense they want a decent return There have been some huge flops since then that go on to kill careers I believe that one of the biggest flops ever was John Carter"? In some cases CGI is overused and that stuff is expensive

This is true but Sky Captain's expected ROI wasn't close to expectations. I loved the stylized production but geeks did the have to put him in a P-40 with Flying Tiger nostrum? Of all the planes they could have used this was close to the worse At least it wasn't a bi-plane I love Gwyneth Paltrow's hair and look. I can imagine her coming into the office of a private detective like Humphrey Boghard and sitting on his desk with her legs crossed show high over her knees As a kid I saw that scene quite a bit and it must have made an impression long before I knew why it did.

gos to my theory about why the certain feeling of "Love at first sight" is applicable for so many people. Its my belief that when we are born there is a totally empty file in our brain that begins is data search for that perfect someone, From that moment every person that is attractive is entered in that file before the gay hetero part of our selves is ever realized. The file grows until the body changes in puberty and we become aware of our sexual being. In school it manifests itself in crushes and absolute desire. A while later when life becomes more certain about your station and ability to become serious there is the moment when it all comes together in that "Love at first sight" person. Thats when the pain begins . If you are lucky the other person feels much as you do and the
"stars align. for that magic time when everything is going your way or it doesn't and it becomes painful We have all been there. In fantasy think about Charle Brown and the red haired little girl he was infatuated with. Not every one fails and that is when things seem perfect in life.Sadly if one dies before the other the loss is so great that it drives the remains person to an early grave. We have all seen this. I'm not a writer bias a vocation so I'll let those who are shape it into a story.

Evil Dead 2.

More modern would have to be Sharknado.

SHARKNADO.gif

Pretty much anything with chainsaws and asskickery, really.

My favorite only because it is considered by many to be the worst. The (in)famous Ed Wood directed.

Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Trailer...