B1G and SEC form joint advisory committee | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

B1G and SEC form joint advisory committee

We are open to letting more of you in but you have to commit at least 70 million dollars annually to your football program and agree to publicly admit that classes are optional.
The “Carolina Model”. Nice

I still maintain that limiting a national sport to 30 schools isn’t the genius move they think it is. If they break away and we aren’t involved I will stop watching the sport and I’m not alone.
agreed, you'd think the TV networks would step in at some point (then again, they've kind of created this at the same time)

I still maintain that limiting a national sport to 30 schools isn’t the genius move they think it is. If they break away and we aren’t involved I will stop watching the sport and I’m not alone.

College sports has always been about representing and uniting the smaller markets and taking the advantage of natural geographical rivalries. Those are being cleaved with a rusty axe by those who think they are creating a collegiate version of the NFL and everything else is the minor leagues. If they do this and we get left out, (as we likely will), I'll be primarily following SU and the division they are in.

agreed, you'd think the TV networks would step in at some point (then again, they've kind of created this at the same time)

What did they call it in "The Highlander"??

The Quickening...

Pac-12 down and the rest have powered up and absorbed them...

Who's next to fall under the sword??

Last edited:
I think the best thing for the sport would be for both the B18 and SEC to go to 30 with 6 divisions of 5 schools. That keeps things regional and keeps traditions.

B18 Divisions
Old Eastern Indy
Old ACC
Old Big 10 Eastern schools
Old Big 10 Western schools
Old Big 8
Old PAC

SEC Divisions
Old Metro
Old ACC
Old SEC Eastern schools
Old SEC Western schools
Old SWC
Old Big 8

NFL getting free player development. They should kick in something too.

The only way the NFL would ever do that is if they felt the entire system was in serious danger of collapsing. I don't think we're quite there...yet.

The only way the NFL would ever do that is if they felt the entire system was in serious danger of collapsing. I don't think we're quite there...yet.
If the SEC and B1G concentrates everything into 36 schools, then everyone else will be fighting for scraps. That will kill player development for the NFL.

Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF

If the SEC and B1G concentrates everything into 36 schools, then everyone else will be fighting for scraps. That will kill player development for the NFL.

Will it? Or will it just concentrate 90+ percent of the NFL talent to those schools?

College sports has always been about representing and uniting the smaller markets and taking the advantage of natural geographical rivalries. Those are being cleaved with a rusty axe by those who think they are creating a collegiate version of the NFL and everything else is the minor leagues. If they do this and we get left out, (as we likely will), I'll be primarily following SU and the division they are in.
I’m into college sports because of my Syracuse fandom. If we’re not affiliated at all anymore with the Big 10 or SEC, I honestly don’t care at all whatever happens in that league. If you don’t want this to happen, we should collectively stop watching Big 10 and SEC games. The same goes with any of the other P5 and even G5 school fans that are on the outside looking in to collectively stop giving ratings to those games. Maybe it makes enough of an impact to turn the tables a little bit.

I’m into college sports because of my Syracuse fandom. If we’re not affiliated at all anymore with the Big 10 or SEC, I honestly don’t care at all whatever happens in that league. If you don’t want this to happen, we should collectively stop watching Big 10 and SEC games. The same goes with any of the other P5 and even G5 school fans that are on the outside looking in to collectively stop giving ratings to those games. Maybe it makes enough of an impact to turn the tables a little bit.
Same. However living in Iowa, and my triplets having been born in Iowa City, we have an affection of sorts for the Hawkeye's. Truth be told, I find following Iowa State more fun because I know more people who are Cyclone fans over Hawkeye fans. I can easily do without the big ten and sec. I do enjoy following the Big 12 though, they have a fun and competitive league.

Agreed, the press release is vague...

That said, what if it's an exploratory committee to look at the feasibility and developmental planning to break away from the NCAA for governance?
I don’t think there’s any “what if” about it. The NCAA had years to sort things out before it came to this. It’s certainly a way to determine what they collectively want to do without the governance of the NCAA. Finally, the adults decided to get in a room and sort out what the romper room couldn’t.

Well college football might die off but at least I have fantasy basketball...

First order of business, why are Rutgers and Maryland here.
Northwestern, Indiana, Vandy, Mississippi State, Kentucky, etc. bunch of trash programs. I don't get it. Maryland probably deserves to be in but then so does Cuse, imo.

Same here.
I don't seek out B1G/SEC games anyway. Bottomline what's evolving is what we've seen in the NCAA bb Tournament- namely, large schools dominating the landscape and getting the lions share of bids, with a few mid-major, lower level Cinderella's in the bottom seeds.
We should prepare to see the P2 grab most of the playoff CFP spots, w/ a coupla saved for the B12, ACC and MAC/AAC. And presto, there's your CFB version of March Madness.
The left behind conferences will be nothing more than developmental leagues for the P2, which will be the main developmental league for the NFL. NIL and the money gap will guarantee that if I'm a breakout star, I will shop my wares to the P2 at first opportunity. It's where we've been heading, and this so-called alliance, seals it. JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom