B1G officials are garbage | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

B1G officials are garbage

They were absolute trash big 10 homers. Whenever Rutgers got a penalty they called a soft offsetting one on SU. And that “fumble” wasn’t even close. I don’t know how Dino didn’t get himself kicked out after that flag on him.

Yes, I think the officiating was bad, but it goes both ways guys. There were a couple of blatant holds on Tucker's TD run.

What call was worst?

schiano riding officials for entire timeout and the. Babers gets a flag for saying boo

Taj clearly down and ruled fumble inside 5

fake kick catcher interference

those are just the bad ones
Schiano riding the refs. He was out of control bizarro man. And he got a pass. We had a clear view of it from where we sit. And if football has a rule that coaches can get flagged, he certainly earned one.

If only Dino didn’t become the coaching equivalent of a pumpkin I would have blamed the officials for this loss. Because they were terrible. But I think he may have been worse
But the pumpkin turns into a beautiful coach and takes Cinderella to the Ball.

Yes, I think the officiating was bad, but it goes both ways guys. There were a couple of blatant holds on Tucker's TD run.

After 3 days the fish stinks...and fish from NJ have an especially putrid smell. Time to leave.

Equally amazing is that right after the ref FINALLY detached himself from this maniac, like whipped puppy, Schiano then strolled 20 yards up the field to the side judge and got in his ear. That’s the guy who threw the flag on Jones on the ensuing play.

And I will add, the refs were slow whistling plays dead all game long. Every tackle had pile ups and scrums and pushes. I don’t know if Jones heard the whistle or not - he was already mid tackle when it sounded - but that was the quickest whistle we saw all day.

The guy in the white shirt must really want to make it in the football industry. He had to chase after and pull Schiano off the field the entire game.

You couldn’t pay me enough.

I watched the replay today after being at the game. I couldn’t believe it. I’m frankly surprised this board didn’t go more baistic then it did. Something was wrong. You can’t be that one sided. On the pf Jones threw the guy down hard. The personal follow comes when you lift the guy up off the ground and then Toss him down WWF style . That was nothing more then a hard tackle. The Taj fumble was a joke, There was a phantom holding call on Benson on a first down run . I would love to get the explanation on what Dino said after the Rutgers Coach a—wipe tirade. And all these calls involving probable point swings. Horrid officiating.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure the Line Judge was getting paid per flag. I’ve never seen a flag get a work out like his. It’s mind numbing how terrible they where.

There was a phantom holding call on Benson on a fist down run .
Very little discussion on this one, but I agree. And that intentional grounding call on the opening drive when Queeley cut in instead of out deserves mention as well.

Offense "didn't play well enough to win" but was Rutgers better? One team has to win no matter how ugly the game and the scales were clearly tipped in this one whether by random incompetence or conference bias.

Also looked like AM obvious missed facemask on that weird Shrader throw from his knees at the end of the first half. Instead of a 10 second run offhand a missed field goal we would have had a first down and possibly punched one in. Big missed call there.
Yep, I don't know how a trained official misses that one. His head yanked around pretty hard.

How about Shrader getting hands to the face from a Rutgers d Lineman AND a facemask RIGHT IN FRONT OF A REFEREE and no call?

That one was probably my favorite. At least the fumble, the fake catch interference and Dino being vulgar or whatever are judgement calls.
During the TK-99 post-game wrap-up, Higgins and Terry excoriated the B1G ten crew for that ridiculous bench flag. Higgins asked Dino about it, and Dino confirmed that he did not utter a single swear word. He just said, "you've got to be kidding me". By contrast, a short time earlier Shiano had ordered the Referee to "come here". He was immediately surrounded by his B1G compatriots, whereupon he delivered a 5-minute temper tantrum (including profanity) voicing his displeasure over the behavior of the Rutgers'-side line judge. Reportedly, at the end of the rant he told the officials, "make it right". Just a play or two later, it certainly seems like they did. Very suspicious interactions between Shiano and the officials moments before a highly questionable series of calls.

Last edited:
How are officials held accountable? Can they be reported? Does anything ever come of it? I honestly don’t know how it works

Very little discussion on this one, but I agree. And that intentional grounding call on the opening drive when Queeley cut in instead of out deserves mention as well.

Offense "didn't play well enough to win" but was Rutgers better? One team has to win no matter how ugly the game and the scales were clearly tipped in this one whether by random incompetence or conference bias.

Ruckers might be the worst team we see all year that is what is most infuriating to me and doesn’t really bode well for the rest of our own team/season. Ruckers will be lucky to win 3 or 4 games all season. After Delaware it’s easy to see them going winless the rest of the year (except Illinois.)

During the TK-99 post-game wrap-up, Higgins and Terry excoriated the B1G ten crew for that ridiculous bench flag. Higgins asked Dino about it during the interview, and Dino confirmed that he did not utter a single swear word. Dino just said, "you've got to be kidding me". By contrast, a short time earlier Shiano demanded that the Referee "come here". He was immediately encircled by the officials, and conducted a 5-minute temper tantrum (including profanity) about the Rutgers'-side line judge. Reportedly, at the end of the rant he told the officials, "make it right". Just a play or two later, they sure did. Unbelievable conduct by Shiano and the officials.

If I was flagged the way Dino was and didn’t use profanity I would’ve ended up being tossed with no phuks given. Even if Dino swore he should not havebeen flagged this is freaking college level ball give me a break.

What call was worst?

schiano riding officials for entire timeout and the. Babers gets a flag for saying boo

Taj clearly down and ruled fumble inside 5

fake kick catcher interference

those are just the bad ones
Holding on Luke Benson as the Orange was headed for a TD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online