B1G Tourney in DC Had Disastrous Attendance | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

B1G Tourney in DC Had Disastrous Attendance

The violent crime rate in NYC in 2014 (most recent year I could find) was 596 per 100K. The violent crime rate in Greensboro, NC was 597 per 100K.

I think that was really what JB was trying to get at; why would the ACC want to play in a crime-infested city like Greensboro ?

Right? The people who would say something like that have no clue, and have likely never travelled to any major northeastern cities.

I wanted to post this, but their board didn't have the capabilities...

If CousCuse were to make an Axis and Allies reference (my favorite board game of all-time) he would be officially absolved of all boards.

Risk...Axis & Allies...All I can say is amateur hour...

Avalon Hill games head and shoulders (and waist and legs and feet) above...

Rise and Decline of the Third Reich...Best war game ever...

Go real war strategy or go home...

Public Service Announcement: This was a post to bust chops. I haven't played Axis and Allies but I did enjoy playing Risk as a kid...

Those tobacco roaders might be on to something?

I do think that if you wear NC or Duke gear in the big apple the chance of getting mugged goes up exponentially...and rightly so.

What the hell was wrong with Chicago?! Freakin' greedy B1G...

Yeah, I don't get it either. Chicago is awesome and even Indy is great. Conseco/Bankers Life Field House is fantastic and there is good urban walkability in downtown Indy for all the fan bases. United Center still is a nice venue although you can't really walk and/or hangout much around UC. Maybe they will get into downtown Detroit with that new arena for the Red Wings sometime.

The ACC tournament should be played in Greensboro at least 50% of the time. The other 50% could be distributed between NYC, DC, and Atlanta.
How have you been a member of this board since this first week, August 2011, and this is your very first post?

The ACC tournament should be played in Greensboro at least 50% of the time. The other 50% could be distributed between NYC, DC, and Atlanta.
giphy.gif

The violent crime rate in NYC in 2014 (most recent year I could find) was 596 per 100K. The violent crime rate in Greensboro, NC was 597 per 100K.

I think that was really what JB was trying to get at; why would the ACC want to play in a crime-infested city like Greensboro ?
That's the mentality of people from smaller cities or rural areas. They must think 2017 NYC is 1977 NYC still.

If CousCuse were to make an Axis and Allies reference (my favorite board game of all-time) he would be officially absolved of all boards.

A buddy and I played Axis and Allies alot growing up. Fantastic board game. Fortress America was another good one from them along with Shogun.

Anyone shocked by the comparison may have forgotten to take their Centrum multi-vitamin. DC is how far from ACC territory compared to B1g territory? A somewhat more telling metric would be if the B1g played in Barclays next season, although still not perfect. If they can't pack it to the rafters like the ACC did, then a title belt can rightfully be claimed. Better solution, IMO, is to stop trying to fix what isnt broken...or at least don't break it worse? What's next, put it near DisneyLand(not World) for both conferences? LA certainly is a bigggg city, and that seems to be what some of the prevailing logic I'm reading thinks trumps everything else. Next stop, Tokyo, where the world record hotdog eating dude resides. I think it's a big city?

Good grief, I hope the Cuse can return to having something more to brag about than being !tk!cked in a conference that had better attendance numbers than some other conference whose fans are just as unhappy about tournament location as many ACC fans are.

While we're at it, I wouldn't mind seeing this team re-learn how to outlet and fast break, like our opponents tend to kill us with.

Anyone shocked by the comparison may have forgotten to take their Centrum multi-vitamin. DC is how far from ACC territory compared to B1g territory? A somewhat more telling metric would be if the B1g played in Barclays next season, although still not perfect. If they can't pack it to the rafters like the ACC did, then a title belt can rightfully be claimed. Better solution, IMO, is to stop trying to fix what isnt broken...or at least don't break it worse? What's next, put it near DisneyLand(not World) for both conferences? LA certainly is a bigggg city, and that seems to be what some of the prevailing logic I'm reading thinks trumps everything else. Next stop, Tokyo, where the world record hotdog eating dude resides. I think it's a big city?

Good grief, I hope the Cuse can return to having something more to brag about than being !tk!cked in a conference that had better attendance numbers than some other conference whose fans are just as unhappy about tournament location as many ACC fans are.

While we're at it, I wouldn't mind seeing this team re-learn how to outlet and fast break, like our opponents tend to kill us with.

Technically College Park, Md is Big 10 territory. And that's about ten miles from D.C.

Bleep the B1g, bleep the ACC, bleep ignorance and whatever -centric ways fuel this crap, bleep the greed behind much of this, and GO 'Cuse! Win again, and save us from relying on the American Standard to feel good.

Technically College Park, Md is Big 10 territory. And that's about ten miles from D.C.

Yes, just like Syracuse is technically ACC territory. lol, good one though!