B1G will no longer schedule FCS teams. | Syracusefan.com

B1G will no longer schedule FCS teams.

The line for big paychecks and big beatdowns forms behind UMass, Idaho on deck, New Mexico State in the hole.

Rutgers historical and storied fan base set to mourn loss of traditional rivals Howard, Delaware State, Lock Haven, and Wells College.

and soon to be followed with......

'B1g to no longer schedule Notre Dame'.

why help them out?

Oh Lord

The Big10 network has spoken. People do not tune into FCS games and will not make us mo money.

...this just in... Rutgers requests that the B1G invite Howard, Princeton, LeHigh and Nova for immediate expansion of the B1G footprint. Said Coach Flood, "None of these teams brings anything to the B1G but we at Rutgers anticipate at least two wins each year from this group."

Oklahoma is reportedly concerned that their impending invite may be withheld or delayed.

They're probably going to make it tougher for other conferences to sign up MAC teams for their schedules in the future but I also think that the B1G schools are trying to make their OOC skeds stronger and more appealing to recruits, especially when you consider Urban Meyer's comments on signing day. He thinks that other than OSU and Michigan, the rest of the league is lagging far behind the SEC when it comes to recruiting. They need to recruit more nationally and that in part means playing teams outside their region.

This has to do with:

A.) Playoffs, Seedings

B.) Putting pressure on the other conferences; Most notably, the SEC of course.

BCS schools never should play teams in other divisions anyhow. There is a reason they are in another division. That said, there are still plenty of weak BCS schools that are not in a BCS conference (MAC, C-USA, Sunbelt, Mountain West)

when su is in the big i will Give-A-F - what they do-

The Big10 network has spoken. People do not tune into FCS games and will not make us mo money.

Ha no one watches big ten network third tier games either so it's a wash...

Ha no one watches big ten network third tier games either so it's a wash...
F the Big 10 network. I finally got it off my bill after ordering it a few years ago so I could watch SU v. Wisconsin or some game like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom