Babers Restructures Syracuse Football Staff | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Babers Restructures Syracuse Football Staff

I think McCloud to the defense is a good move and brings some balance. Last year the offense had 2 coordinators, an assistant HC and a HC all heavily involved. Meanwhile Ward is trying to keep the defense together by himself. McCloud will give him some much needed help, it could also be a way to groom him into a DC in the future.

I think McCloud to the defense is a good move and brings some balance. Last year the offense had 2 coordinators, an assistant HC and a HC all heavily involved. Meanwhile Ward is trying to keep the defense together by himself. McCloud will give him some much needed help, it could also be a way to groom him into a DC in the future.

Ward replaced McCloud as DC in year 2 at Bowling Green.

Who's gonna coach the nickelback? Is he a corner? Is he a safety? Hmm? I don't know...I always thought he was the nickelback?

Love Dino switching up the responsibilities. Gives everything and more importantly all of the players a fresh perspective and opportunity. Coaches do have favorites and opinions are hard to change. This gives all of the players a new start. Add this to a new OL and QB coach and i expect to see some surprises come spring and fall.

We see what splitting responsibilities along the Dline did for us last year ...greatly improved play along the whole front 4.

The secondary has been messy the last 2 years. Monroe needs help. This gives the secondary specified coaching and narrows Monroe's responsibility to 2 positions. Think he is obviously a better recruiter than instructor, so he stays on staff.

As has already been stated, McCloud coached defense. You can also make this move according to the Scott Shafer philosophy. You get guys to coach positions who have coached the opposite position, because you know what they hate to go up against. I like Dino's moves here

We see what splitting responsibilities along the Dline did for us last year ...greatly improved play along the whole front 4.

The secondary has been messy the last 2 years. Monroe needs help. This gives the secondary specified coaching and narrows Monroe's responsibility to 2 positions. Think he is obviously a better recruiter than instructor, so he stays on staff.

As has already been stated, McCloud coached defense. You can also make this move according to the Scott Shafer philosophy. You get guys to coach positions who have coached the opposite position, because you know what they hate to go up against. I like Dino's moves here
Or you hire coaches who have never played or coached the position.

Who's gonna coach the nickelback? Is he a corner? Is he a safety? Hmm? I don't know...I always thought he was the nickelback?

I seeeeee what you did there. The age of specific position within a position coach is a bit much. Some of these guys are getting big coin to coach 3 or 4 kids. It's overkill. But until we start using that ACC money to bring in a gunner coach and holder coach , we will remain in the dark ages.

I really like what HCDB is doing with this staff, should helps all 3 sides of the ball.

how is Chad Kroeger going to fit this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom