Baby Steps | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Baby Steps

This team scares people in a good way (for SU fans). We are on the upswing and others are starting to notice... even with the MTSU setback nobody on the schedule is looking forward to playing SU. This should continue going forward...

CIL, any insight into why we're having a rough time starting games? I feel like we're making great adjustments, but something is off about how we start and we aren't good enough to fully dig ourselves out of a hole.
of the top of my head "the run game " is OL run blocking !!

but that will be fixed soon !!

Some good stuff CIL! Totally agree there is a lot of positives to take from this.

I think another element here is that while Dungey is a solid QB and a hell of an athlete, I don't quite see him as being a guy Dino would have recruited out of HS. I love his tenacity and ability to make plays with his feet and appreciate him overall. With that said, his ball handling and reads seem slow at times to me and he still is missing a lot of the reads and going back to his instincts of doing it with his legs.

His running has been a key part of how competitive we are but the whole package has definitely altered how the system is run. Pair that with a still very young skill position group overall and we simply are still another year , as expected from having the kind of team speed and skill to be a solid ACC team.

With all this said the long term is best served giving Tommy the chance to learn and come in after Dungey to be the next step up in the QB position. I fully expect Eric to have some major competition next year or even give a chance to have them both on the field at times.

Defensively there is a lot to be excited about with a stronger base and lots of young guys who will be back. The defense is likely closer to being where Dino and BW wants it. They have done enough for us to have had a solid chance to win all 3 games we lost which is the entire point in this system heavily focused on putting up 40 pts a game.

I think we can definitely beat Pitt, BC and Wake this year. As for which other team we can and will shock I am unsure. I think how the season plays out for those other groups will be a better indicator. FSU beating wake gets them back on track somewhat but if they slip again they might be ripe to pick off. I could see them just having an overall bad year with 5-6 wins. Losing Cook was hard enough let alone Francois.

Should be fun and I am still excited for what developments keep coming.

I have seen a lot of posts stating "we beat ourselves", and "dumb call". We are always going to have those thoughts after every loss. It's what we as fans do.

That being said, I am absolutely thrilled at the last two weeks. We went toe to toe with two programs that have more talent, more size, and more speed than we currently do. On the road to boot.

It gives me faith that this staff. They can make adjustments and certainly scheme with anyone. I'm not so sure the previous staff plays to the end of the game at LSU and at this NC St team.

This is a NC St team that went into FSU and manhandled last week. They have top 25 talent on their roster now. The size disparity in the trenches was evident today.

I really believe this team knocks someone off this year, I'm not sure who it is, but they will. They are getting better every single week, and I'm very impressed with what Monroe has done to this defense. We are going to have to find just a semblance of a running game, and if we do that I think we go bowling.

Good take, but LSU is obviously mediocre, CMU is bad, and so is MTSU. Thus, our wins arent great and that loss at home us bad and we will be chasing it the rest of the year and ultimately regret it.

Good take, but LSU is obviously mediocre, CMU is bad, and so is MTSU. Thus, our wins arent great and that loss at home us bad and we will be chasing it the rest of the year and ultimately regret it.

MTSU might have been better with their SR QB - but we knocked him out of the lineup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom