Back from the dome...Monster Truck edition | Syracusefan.com

Back from the dome...Monster Truck edition

44PRIDE

All Conference
I just got back from the dome and I can't believe what I just saw. Besides seeing a bunch of greasy monster trucks desecrate my beloved field, the place was JAM PACKED to the rafters.

Announced attendance was 39,500 and I'd say they were light on their count. I simply can't believe how many people showed up. Where are all these people during football season?

I must also say...there are some ugly, dirty and generally filthy people that go to these things. They should've passed out a bar of soap & a toothbrush with each ticket.

They are going to have it for two days (edit) next year.

People who never, ever, come to the Hill we out in force tonight. Standing at the entrance to campus by the Women's Building I was asked "where is the Dome"...

I brought a group of 11 year old boys for my son's birthday party. They loved it. Those same 11 year old boys also liked flipping and tackling each other on the concrete on the way to the dome so take that for what it is worth.

Of the things I have done in my life for my kids this ranks in the top tier of things he owes me big on - it was pure hell. As a novice I had no idea about bringing ear plugs. If anyone ever gets suckered into one of these you MUST wear the most powerful ear protection. Why didn't anyone tell me that? It should have been a warning on the tickets like the warning on a pack of cigs. Tickets should include ear plugs.

I knew it was not going ot go well driving up to the dome. The driving to the dome was worse than any SU game I have been to - Adams was backed up all the way through downtown.

Good for everyone that likes this stuff but I know for certain right now that I am not one of them.

Maybe we need to give Adonis Amen-Moore the nickname "Monster Truck" so we can use it in marketing promos to attract that demographic to the Dome?!