Bad loss. No question about it. | Syracusefan.com

Bad loss. No question about it.

Orangemen

All Conference
Going into the season 6-1 at this point would have been acceptable to any of us. After last week this still sucks though.

The reality is that this team is probably not a top 15 team. All this team needs to do is collect as many good wins as it can. There will be bad losses this year, like this one. To make the tourney you need enough good wins. We've got 2 now, and those 2 will be big come March.

Georgetown is our one last chance to get a good OOC win. If we get that one, and don't take any more OOC losses, then our OOC season will have been a huge success.

This season was never gonna be easy. Tonight showed exactly why.

I guess I disagree. The way we lost was bad for sure, but this won't be a bad loss.

And Texas Am and Uconn will be good OOC wins come March.

I guess I disagree. The way we lost was bad for sure, but this won't be a bad loss.

And Texas Am and Uconn will be good OOC wins come March.
not "bad loss" as in looking bad on the resume, but "bad loss" as in playing like poo most of the game and then choking it up in the end

pearl31 said:
How confident are you in that prediction?

They're like us. Probably a .500 team in the conference.

Not a bad resume loss at all. Ugly game for sure though.

Even if we lose to G'town, our OOC resume is strong (assuming UConn and aTm don't crap the bed).

We just got crushed on the boards, that will be a problem all year. That being said, make your fuking free throws! Game should've never gone to OT. I just don't understand how such an apparent good shooting team can be so poor from the FT. We were fortunate to pull out that W against UConn with 15 missed FT's. Tonight, it buried us.

Its a bad loss cuz wisconsin didnt play great. Its not like they shot lights out from 3 and outplayed us. We had complete control in the 2nd half a couple different times, up 6 midway through 2nd half and up 5 with a few minutes left. We beat ourselves, mostly at the line.

We just got crushed on the boards, that will be a problem all year. That being said, make your fuking free throws! Game should've never gone to OT. I just don't understand how such an apparent good shooting team can be so poor from the FT. We were fortunate to pull out that W against UConn with 15 missed FT's. Tonight, it buried us.

I don't understand how a player can make 3 pointers but not free throws. I always assumed free throws were easier, but what do I know.

Up 52-48 at home is a BAD loss.

All our fears shined through in this game.

-What happens when we can't shoot?
-Awful free throw shooting
-Can't get a stop aside from turnovers
-Can't rebound
-Getting tired from a short bench
-DC not able to give us much of anything

6-1 but this game didn't get you the warm and fuzzies moving forward. Let's hope it's a blip and not a trend.

Its a bad loss cuz wisconsin didnt play great. Its not like they shot lights out from 3 and outplayed us. We had complete control in the 2nd half a couple different times, up 6 midway through 2nd half and up 5 with a few minutes left. We beat ourselves, mostly at the line.

Exactly this. When the other team travels 26 times with 42 missed layups, never goes to the line and you can't win on your court...wow, not a good sign.

Bad loss
We needed energy tonight to force turnovers on them and we did reguardless 20-11 in turnover margin. and only 16-6 in the offensive board margin. Offensive flow was very unsuccessfull.

Malachi had a rough night, but pulled down 7 rebounds, Lydon had 4 nobody else had more then 3.
25 boards is very very poor. 32-33 would be very poor 25 is atrocious. Bad loss.
Its clear we did not come to play.

Wisconsin was 11-12 from the ft line we were 11-20.
refs were tougher on us then them tonight probably gave them a 4-5 point advantage but thats to be expected a slight lean for one team in either direction.

Still got to give wisconsin credit they executed well and we gave them lots of opportunity to.

Last edited:
I don't think anybody mistook us for a top 10 team this year.
A lot of people on this board did after atlantis. Tons of parity this year so we ll see how it shakes out. We beat Gtown and i think we ll have a decent argument for top 15. Not that it really matters. Go Cuse!

I think we all got excited after winning the Atlantis tourney.

They'll have their moments, but this is a bubble team.

Just too many weaknesses.

Going into the season 6-1 at this point would have been acceptable to any of us. After last week this still sucks though.

The reality is that this team is probably not a top 15 team. All this team needs to do is collect as many good wins as it can. There will be bad losses this year, like this one. To make the tourney you need enough good wins. We've got 2 now, and those 2 will be big come March.

Georgetown is our one last chance to get a good OOC win. If we get that one, and don't take any more OOC losses, then our OOC season will have been a huge success.

This season was never gonna be easy. Tonight showed exactly why.

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider a "good" loss?

I think people are being a little too dramatic. I did not expect this team to go undefeated, did you? I don't think the season is over after one loss.

I think we all got excited after winning the Atlantis tourney.

They'll have their moments, but this is a bubble team.

Just too many weaknesses.

Funny, I thought after winning Atlantis there would be a good chance they would lose tonight. And after this loss, I'm not ready to conclude they are a bubble team with "just to many weaknesses". So I imagine in your way of thinking beating UConn and Texas A&M was not because of any skill but just one of "their moments."

I doubt this team will beat Duke in Cameron. I doubt this team was going go the whole season undefeated. But I don't think the season is over after one loss.

Dave85 said:
Funny, I thought after winning Atlantis there would be a good chance they would lose tonight. And after this loss, I'm not ready to conclude they are a bubble team with "just to many weaknesses". So I imagine in your way of thinking beating UConn and Texas A&M was not because of any skill but just one of "their moments." I doubt this team will beat Duke in Cameron. I doubt this team was going go the whole season undefeated. But I don't think the season is over after one loss.

I don't think the season is over. But I've watched enough SU basketball over the years to know a good SU team when I see one.

This team has the look of a bubble team.

something else that struck me during the game...
more and more, at least the last couple of years, seems like the the team plays worse in the dome than away from it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom