Bad loss. No question about it. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bad loss. No question about it.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic after Atlantis, but better to let the OOC games play out before we can really get a decent read on how competitive this team is.

They've looked a lot better than I expected. Without reliable beef inside I think we live and die with our outside shooting. Driving to the hoop should be a weapon...tonight, not so much.

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider a "good" loss?

I think people are being a little too dramatic. I did not expect this team to go undefeated, did you? I don't think the season is over after one loss.

People are definitely being dramatic, but that was after Atlantis. Somehow Syracuse is always just amazing in those tournaments. This was right back to the team we saw against Bonnie and Elon. Pretty much as expected. I call this a bad loss though in terms of just how poorly Wisconsin played. I think it has been a rare occasion over the years that we have lost to a team that played that poorly. If they were even marginally competent, they would have won by 15 which is a absolute woodshed beating in a 60 point game. Season doesn't end here though. I want the Georgetown game more than this one. If our good team shows up we will be fine. If this team shows up we could get housed.

People are definitely being dramatic, but that was after Atlantis. Somehow Syracuse is always just amazing in those tournaments. This was right back to the team we saw against Bonnie and Elon. Pretty much as expected. I call this a bad loss though in terms of just how poorly Wisconsin played. I think it has been a rare occasion over the years that we have lost to a team that played that poorly. If they were even marginally competent, they would have won by 15 which is a absolute woodshed beating in a 60 point game. Season doesn't end here though. I want the Georgetown game more than this one. If our good team shows up we will be fine. If this team shows up we could get housed.

I don't disagree with anything you've said. It's just that I thought Atlantis was a big emotional win for this team. They had 3 games in 3 days. And the travel from the Bahamas. I was thinking tonight's game would be a let down game. I also thought the team might come out playing flat. I thought they played flat most of the game. TR did not have a very good game after being a rebounding monster. There was one play on offense where Lydon could have come up to set a screen for G and then roll to the basket. He just turned his head and slowly sauntered to the basket. It seemed to me these guys were gassed. And when it went into overtime I thought you could stick a fork in them.

I'm just not sure this loss means anything yet. I do think the wins in Atlantis showed this team can play well. Maybe this teams is a lot worse than the team that played in Atlantis. Maybe this is the best we are going to see the rest of the season. We shall see what happens against Georgetown this Saturday. I think we are going to have some bad games but my hope is we still make the NCAA tournament.

We just got crushed on the boards, that will be a problem all year. That being said, make your fuking free throws! Game should've never gone to OT. I just don't understand how such an apparent good shooting team can be so poor from the FT. We were fortunate to pull out that W against UConn with 15 missed FT's. Tonight, it buried us.
Rebounding will be an issue if JB decides to go small for nearly an entire game and Roberson is ineffective on the glass. I don't expect to see either of those things happening a lot. I believe JB is still trying to get a feel for what he has at his disposal this season. Tonight's loss was disappointing, but the game was there for the taking despite the rebounding disparity and poor free throw shooting down the stretch.

We're not even a good rebounding team when we go big. Coleman is 6-9, but plays like he's 6-6.

We're not even a good rebounding team when we go big. Coleman is 6-9, but plays like he's 6-6.

Pounds the rock down and double clutches, after all these years.

Bayside44 said:
Pounds the rock down and double clutches, after all these years.

He was dominant in high school because he was going up against 6-5 centers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom